Chapter 14

I collapsed on the floor all of a sudden completely exhausted.

"Quinn?" Kyle asked. I didn't respond I just lay there trying to get my thoughts straight, trying to process what had happened this week.

"Quinn." He said again.

"What?" I snapped.

"Are you okay?" I didn't respond. 

KYLE

I got up and stood over him he looked up at me from the ground. I reached my hand out. He grabbed it and I pulled him up. This wasn't a comfortable manuver for him and he wrapped his arm across his chest. "You good?"

"Ya."

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, you have any ideas?"

"We could get dad sober."

"Okay, do you think Mike could help us?"

"That's a good idea but dad and Mike aren't close."

"If we told Mike would he...you know... report it?"

"I don't know, would that be bad?"

"Do you want to be a foster kid?"

"You have a point. I don't think we should tell mike."

"We should take dad to AA."

"You think that will work?"

"Is dad reasonable when he's sober."

"He's rarely completely sober but when he is ya I guess."

"Fine then all we have to do is keep him here till he's sober and then convince him to go to AA."

"Wow  you make it sound easy."

"Oh it wont be easy."

"Should we find him?"

"Ya let's find him and get him washed and in bed and give him some orange juice and maybe this will work."

"If we survive.."

"What do we have to lose?"

So we set to work. As disgusting as it was me and my brother washed our dad's moaning body and hoisted him into a bed with clean sheets. Quinn conjured up some orange juice and we all sat down to a sort of family meeting. We got very insignificant results. Our dad agreed to drink less, not join AA and not quit, and he didn't seem to care when we told him he'd almost killed both of us saying that he didn't remember anything and we needed to man up. All the while the advil had worn of and I had a splitting headache.