chappie 37

"mom wants you to meet her parents. my grandparents."

you laughed, thinking that what you heard was just were joke. however, when you saw kusuo just staring at you, you can already tell that he was not joking whatsoever. he's dead serious.

"wait, what?" you asked. "when?"

"today." kusuo flatly responded.

"noo..for real?"

"yes."

kusuo eventually explained to you how mrs. saiki had often bragged about you to her parents, making them more eager to meet you. if mrs. saiki and kusuo had took a huge liking to you, they thought they'd very much like you, too.

seems easy now that you've got the assurance you need, right? however, that is not the case. you-are nervous to the core. it would have been fine if you're just being introduced as a friend, but no. you're being introduced as kusuo's lover.

you pursed your lips, gripping tightly on kusuo's shirt. "i don't think i can do it," you flatly stated. "i can't-"

"call me kusuo." kusuo said, gently taking your hand off his shirt in worry that you might rip it out by how tight you're gripping on it. "so it wouldn't be difficult for you."

you blinked, staring at kusuo in awe. "call you kusuo inside but saiki the moment we step outside, got it-"

"no. call by my first name, everytime." he responded as he lightly pushes the gates of his residence open. "by the way, what are you carrying?"

"oh! shina bought some cakes from shibuya. i thought it'd be great to received this whole box for you and your family." you said. you paused after a certain thought struck you. "oh, wait-are they fond of sweets like you? shouldn't i have bought-"

kusuo places a hand on top of your head, stopping you from speaking any further. "it's fine." he assured as the both of you walked towardsthe main door. "you're fine."

gulping, you nodded. "i'm fine.." you murmured.

"wait," kusuo said, stopping you from taking a step on the gakuen. he grabbed your shoulder, lightly pushing you to make you face him. looking down, he fixed the slight wrinkled part of your sweater, and proceeds to do so on other parts.

as he fixes the wrinkled parts of your sweater, you looked down at the box of cake on your hand. "are you nervous too, kusuo?" you asked, raising your brows.

"i don't think i should be." kusuo said. "knowing that you'll probably wing their questions. since, that's how you always are."

"aren't you worried that i might make a bad impression? like how i did with your brother," you said, twiddling with the ribbon wrapped around the cake's box. "it might happen again."

kusuo slightly tilted his head as he kept his attention to your sweater. "kusuke likes you." he assured. "i'm not saying this for comfort and assurance. i'm saying this because i've heard him say it."

"besides," he once again started. "they want to meet you to see the basis of our relationship. i don't really tell anyone, but i do know how they care deeply for me. and if they see me happy just by being with you, do you really think that they'll hate you?"

it took you long enough to realise that kusuo only gets talkative whenever he's with you or whenever he speaks to his audience. mostly talking about his feelings and experiences. and, well, of course..by the doing this, he deeply made you feel like you're someone special to begin with.

"..well, that's it." kusuo said, patting the last section of your wrinkled sweater. "see? let's go."

kusuo took a step on the gakuen, but stopped when he felt you tug on his sleeve of his sweater. "i love you." you said, with a sweet smile on your face.

"tell me that when your sweater doesn't wrinkle anymore." kusuo said.

"you tell me that when your own sweater is a bit wrinkled, too." you said, firmly patting kusuo's back. "it's been a while since i've worn proper clothing, too!"

"yeah, 'cause you're too extra." kusuo said, referring to your unique clothing style. although it wasn't bad, it was eye catching, if he do say so himself.

"what's taking them so long?!" mr. kumagoro questioned in a way of just showing that he's quite the impatient type. "

"now, now, dear. kusuo and [ name ] would be nervous, too, you know?" mrs. kumi informed.

"they're here!" mrs. saiki said as the door of the living door slowly swings open with kusuo entering first with you following behind. "[ name ]-chan! hello!"

"sorry for the intrusion." you said, as you made your way inside, handing mrs. saiki the box of cake. "i bought some cake."

"you shouldn't have!" mrs. saiki saiki said. "you look adorable, [ name ]-chan."

you let out a light chuckle, nodding. "thank you, mrs. saiki." you said. your eyebrows raised at the sight of mrs. saiki gesturing her hand for you to come closer, in which you did.

"kusuo, is that her? she's really pretty." said mrs. kumi, gesturing for kusuo to sit across the coffee table, just in front to where she and her husband are seated. "right, dear?"

mr. kumagoro, turned his head away, arms crossed as he lets out a rather loud grunt, enough for you to hear from where you and mrs. saiki are standing. that simple grunt made you awfully nervous, but somehow when you looked at kusuo who gave you an assuring stare, it disappeared, in an instant.

after a couple more minutes, you finally got to converse with kusuo's grandparents. if you'd explain how the conversation went, it was very similar to a car ride. a car ride that would often take turns every ten minutes, and would run over a bump every five seconds.

the ten minutes turn would be mrs. kumi asking you about your family and about you. the five second bumps would be mr. kumagoro letting out grunts and side comments.

it was..a tiring car ride, but you thankfully managed.

"ohh! how about we go to the city and go shopping? i heard from kusuo that you dress really well!" mrs. kumi stated, grabbing your hand. "you can pick out outfits for me, yeah?"

"sounds great." you said, a smile curling up your lips as you watches kusuo's grandparents make their way out of the living along with mrs. saiki.

you stood there, with kusuo beside you. who's rested on your shoulder for comfort and assurance.

"you winged that." kusuo said. "and here you said you were nervous."

"mrs. saiki told me that i'll wing it," you said. "and i just trusted her words and the process."

you turned your head to kusuo, hand on your chest. "d-did they..." you gulped.

patting your head, kusuo smiled and nodded.

"they like you."

___________

12/26/20

[ a/n: five or six more ]