chappie 13

falling in love is such a hassle.

not only is it confusing, it's also distracting.

"[ name ], babe, i'm worried for you." tanaki said, pointing his chip to the other side of the cafeteria, where you're sitting.

"what the fuck?" you laughed, dipping your cookie on your cup of water. "why?"

tanaki rested his cheek on the palm of his hand as a look of concern painted his whole face as he watched you repeatedly dip your cookie on your water, biting it to half only for you to gag it out.

"i swear to you, no one will marry you in that state." tanaki commented, gesturing for you to spit out the drench cookie you just ate, but you refused and decided to gulp it all down. "dumb bitch, spit it out."

"i don't think i'm ready for that, yet." you said. marriage had got through your had a couple of times but you vowed that you'd rather prove yourself to be worthy for kusuo before thinking of marriage. "it'll take me awhile to think about it."

you pushed your tray aside as soon as the bell had rang, indicating that your next class will start soon.

"hey, wait." tanaki calls out, impulsively throwing a pocket sized dictionary in your direction. he flinched at the sight of the book successfully hitting your head. he didn't think that it'll hit you. "y-you need it, right?!"

you groaned, crouching down as you gently rubbed your hand to the part where you were hit, silently cursing tanaki for doing such thing.

you furrowed your brow to see a pair of shoes in front of you, making you look up. "ah, saiki, hello." you greeted, still rubbing your fingertips on your head. "sorry, am i in the way-"

kusuo bends down, grabbing the dictionary that landed beside your feet, offering you a hand. "your history class will start soon." he said. "your history teacher hates you..right?"

you spring up from your crouched position, gently taking the dictionary from kusuo's hands, repeatedly bowing in front of him. "i forgot! sorry! thanks!!" you stated, rushing out of the canteen.

"dear god," kusuo thought as he narrowed his eyes after witnessing you stumble a couple a few times. "if you're real, please, don't do this to me."

"oh, you're going to the library?" kaido asked, making kusuo halt his tracks. "should we go on ahead or wait for you?"

"go on ahead." kusuo responded, proceeding to make his way to the direction of the library.

it has been a while since he last touched a novel. there's this one mystery novel that he can't seem to get over with. every now and then, whenever he's free, he'd go to the library and read it, as if he hadn't done that for five times already.

taking a step inside the library, kusuo made sure to look at the librarian who can't seem to be bothered by his presence. he just wanted the librarian to know that he's there.

as he walked behind the tall bookshelves, he can't seem to help but notice a figure on one of the study tables.

"what is she doing?" he muttered to himself. instead of approaching the bookshelf that has the mystery novel he likes, he decided to make a u-turn and make his way to the study table instead.

your head rested on one of the stacked books as you comfortably napped on it. it doesn't seem to be too obvious due to the fact that some books were surrounding you, even he can't tell that you were sleeping from afar.

he recalled you telling him that because the captain had banned you from afternoon practices, you decided to practice at evening on your own, at the court near your house.

kusuo knew that once you were into doing something, you tend not to notice that you're over doing it. even he points it out, you'll still think that what you're doing is still not enough.

you were...that kind of person.

he didn't know how pulling the chair beside you and sitting on it would benefit him on anything, but he still did it anyway.

kusuo glances at his wrist watch. thirty minutes more and the library will close soon.

has anyone told you good work today?

that was just a random thought. it wasn't like he'll actually say that to you. if he ever des..he hopes that it's just out of sarcasm.

kusuo raises his brows, noticing a small dirt on your cheek. uncomfortable at the sight of it, he reached his hand to your cheek. "will she.." he thought, brushing the dirt off your cheek with his thumb. "wake up?"

softly groaning, you fluttered your eyes open, letting your vision adjust with the light as you raised your head from the stack of books you were resting it on. "saiki..hey." you greeted, still a bit drowsy and sleepy.

"are you going to read those?" he asked, pointing at the stack of books around you.

"ah..no..i was going to put them away." you said, staying silent for a few good solid second before realisation had completely threw itself at you. "i have to put them away!"

you quickly slapped your hands over your mouth, turning to kusuo who took a book from the first stack, realising that it was the mystery novel he was looking for.

"wait, what time is it?" you asked, shifting your head around to see if there's some kind of clock you could look at. "is it still study hall?"

"classes ended a few minutes ago. the library would close soon." kusuo said, taking the first stack of books. "i'll help you."

"really? goodness, thank you!" you stated, rushing to some empty bookshelves with a stack of books on your arms. "does that mean i skipped my english class?.."

"why were you sleeping here?" kusuo asked.

"uh..hm..i think i pushed myself too much last night and i didn't got enough sleep..so.." you muttered. "i'm okay now, though. that nap really helped."

"sorry for waking you up."

"oh, it's okay. i should be thanking you for waking me up. i would have been locked in here if you didn't wake me up," you said, turning to kusuo who stood beside you; a smile curled up your lips as brushed your shoulders against his. "thank you."

"god..i know you hate me, but please-not her."

__________

11/24/20 || RE-WRITE