chappie 31

you covered your whole face with your hands to save yourself from any further embarrassment as you felt kusuo's hand on your thigh in a way of calming you down. and since you and him are seated on the floor with a table in front of you, mrs. saiki doesn't really see it.

ever since you entered the saiki residence, mrs. saiki grew awfully quiet. and of course, the first thing that came to your mind was that she was dissapointed in you, making you refuse to look at her. you'd be heart broken if you were to ever see her look at you in such way you couldn't even imagine.

"what's with this tension?" mr. saiki questions, setting down four cups of hot tea on the table as he made his way beside mrs. saiki. "ho-honey! what's wrong?! why are you crying?!"

"crying?" you questioned in your thoughts as you made a small gap between your fingers to see what was going on in front of you. your eyes slowly widens at the sight of mrs. saiki bawling her eyes out while. mr. saiki tried to comfort her with all he's got.

kusuo pursed his lips, a light tint of red forming his cheeks as he listens to his mother's proud thoughts along with his worried father's thoughts. and although their words maybe embarrassing, it still bough him ease tjat they weren't making a big fuss over his relationship with you.

well, they are making a huge fuss, but in a good and comforting way. if that makes sense.

"kuu-chan-" mrs. saiki cries out as she proceeds to wipe her tears away with the napkin given to her. "kuu-chan's growing up so well-to think that you've found a perfect match!"

"we really are happy for the both of you," mr. saiki said, his lips forming a smile. "but why didn't you two tell us sooner? we'd be delighted to know about it!"

kusuo narrowed his eyes at his father, the faint blush on his cheeks still not disappearing. he gestured his head to mrs. saiki. "you know why." he said.

"can you blame her?" mr. saiki questioned, he, as well beginning to sniff. "we're just so happy for you-oh-oh my, i might start crying myself."

it took you a couple of minutes to realise that they weren't crying out of dissapoinment. they were crying out of joy. you weren't sure, but if you had to be honest, you might start crying as well.

as kusuo's parents bawled their eyes out, you tried to comprehend what was going on with the feeling of ease and comfort in your chest. but you can't seem to help but feel nervous to what the aftermath may be.

kusuo held your hand, feeling your grip tightening as the two of you watched and married couple in front of you proceed to sob in joy.

it..was a long crying session.

"mrs. saiki.." you started, staring straight to her swollen eyes. "are you...okay?"

"couldn't have been any better." she responded, a wide smile on her lips as she pushes your tea towards you. "why don't you stay over for dinner?"

"i'd love to, but shina's going home today. i have to cook for her." you said, showing off an apologetic smile as you slightly bowed your head.

"about ms. shina. does she..know about this?" mr. sakki questioned, motioning his hand to kusuo then to you.

"not..yet." you responded. "i do plan to tell her..soon."

"when did you two-"

"we aren't together, yet." kusuo said, not wanting to answer any more unnecessary questions. the question that his parents has in mind are questions that are asked for ACTUAL couples. and since the two of you aren't really official, he'd appreciate if they save the question for the future.

"oh, right. didn't your school prevented students from entering relationships?" mr. saiki asked. "that's too bad. our school back then just lets us have all the relationship we want-hence why the moment i saw your mother, i immediately fell in love."

after talking it all over and explaining the limitations that you and kusuo should have, your visit at the saiki residence, eventually ended.

all's well ends well. at least, that's what you hoped.

"just so you know," you began as your hand made contact with the gate of your home. "i'm blaming you."

kusuo can immediately tell that you were referring to the moment the two of you were caught. "fair enough." he said. "but it lifted up something heavy."

he was right. the heavy feeling on your chest somehow got lighter the moment you spoke out about your relationship with kusuo.

with a smile and warm cheeks, your arms slowly wrapped itself around kusuo's waist, your chin resting on top of kusuo's shoulder as you pressed your body against his in a way of tightening the hug.

"you're right." you said, closing your eyes in ease.

kusuo rested his hand on top of your head, patting it a couple of times. "good job today." he said. "you did great."

you parted away from the hug and within a second, you smacked kusuo's arm. "and that's for being thick-headed!" you stated. "didn't i tell you that i care a lot if we get caught! we could have done better than this! i was so nervous!"

"what are you so worried about?" kusuo asks, brushing your hand off his arm as he watches you push the gate of your house open. "they like you."

"yeah, well.." you murmured, pressing the tips of your index finger together, you looked up at kusuo who omly raised a brow, waiting for you to proceed with your sentence. "i just thought it would have been nicer if..i knew what words to say."

"good grief..said it before, and i'll say it again," kusuo pressed his hand behind your back, pushing you inside your residence before pulling the small gate close. "you did a good job. i'll get going now."

watching kusuo walk away on the other side of the gate made you reach your hand out to him, making him halt his tracks and turn to you.

you repeatedly tapped your left cheek, hoping that he'll get the message.

in which the psychic did.

sighing, once again. kusuo took a few steps, standing a few centimeters close to your gate as he leaned in, lightly pressing his lips on your cheek.

"you're annoying."

"you love me."

"do i, really?"

"saiki!!"

______

RE-WRITE || 12/20/20

[ a/n: art belongs to @sesamewaka on twitter !! ]

i don't re-read before publishing okay SJDBJS which explains my mountain of typos