Dinner

Chapter 6

Recap

“Cali?” Betrisha asked.

“Yes.”

“Would you come to dinner tonight so we can celebrate the new you?” she said in a rush.

“Of course, I would love to come.” I said without any hesitation.

“Great be there at seven. Oh and wear something you got today, I will help you take it all upstairs when we get to your house.”

“Alright.” We were at my house now, we stepped out and I said thank you again after she helped me take all my stuff upstairs and walked back into my house.

J--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------J

Cali POV

I walked into the lounge room just as my mum came through the front door and started to yell at me.

“Who do you think you are just walking into my house?” she said looking straight at me.

“I think I am your daughter.” I replied coolly.

Joy’s POV (Cali’s mum)

I walked through front door and was about to say hello to my daughter when I saw the stranger. She was beautiful she had long brown curly hair, sparkling brown eyes and she had a curvy but not to curvy figure, she looked about seventeen.

I knew I should have called my husband and told him a stranger was in the house but being me I started yelling. “Who do you think you are just walking into my house?” I said looking straight at her.

She replied, “I think I am your daughter.” She said calmly. That was probably the most shocking thing I have ever heard. I looked at her closely her hair colour and eyes were the same but much brighter and prettier than before other than that she looked completely different. Something on her neck glistered in the light; I looked closely and realized it was a necklace and a very expensive necklace too. “Where did you get this money Caliopa?” I asked curiously.

“Mrs. Bradley bought me this necklace and about a hundred shoes and hundred clothes, also about a thousand dollars worth of make up.”

“Really? Why would she do that?” I asked not believing a second of her lies.

“I don’t know but she did invite me over for dinner tonight.”

“Okay if she really did invite you over for dinner than she won’t mind if I come too then.”

“I’m sure she would love to meet you.” Caliopa said which surprised me because if she was lying she would probably lie about why I can’t come too.

“Okay I’ll call dad and tell him we are going to Mrs. Bradley’s at..?”

“Seven.”

“At seven.”

Cali’s POV

Seven o’clock was only an hour away so I didn’t have much time to clean up and get ready. I put all of my clothes in my cupboard except for a nice white strapless dress with a black sash, that went to my knees and a pair of black ballet flats. I had a short shower, curled my hair and put on a little make up. It was five to seven by then. I ran down stairs and found my parents waiting for me, my dad’s eyes went wide when he saw me, and he probably didn’t even think I could look pretty. We left and were there within minutes, I knocked on the door and was once again attacked by Josh but this time I expected it so I didn’t fall. I put him down and told him this was my parents, he nodded and said hello, Josh seemed to be very intelligent for his age. We walked into the kitchen Josh leading the way. The kitchen was huge and all the appliances were brand new. In the middle of the room was a large dining table with a white table cloth and plates covering the surface. 

At the head of the table was Mr. Bradley in a nice black suit and next to him is Betrisha in a flowing red dress, I felt very under dressed.

“Hi, these are my parents.” I said gesturing towards my parents. “And they are Mr. and Mrs. Bradley.”                    

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Winsley. You have a wonderful daughter.”

“Thank you.” My parents said.

“I’m sorry but my oldest son won’t be able to make it for dinner.”

“Oh, that’s alright.” My mother said sweetly. “I heard you took my daughter shopping and spent a lot of money on her, I will be happy to pay you back.”

“Oh no that’s fine; I needed to do something with my money anyway.”

The rest of the evening pasted in blur and before I knew it I was in bed deep asleep dreaming of what‘s to come tomorrow at school.