Litterally Rolling In The Deep

After a quiet 30 minutes I pulled into the parking lot of the Independence Mall and stepped out of my car to notice how vacant it was.

It was a weekday so I mean I wasn't expecting Black Friday or anything, but it would of been nice to see atleast half of the parking lot full. The rain had stopped but puddles littered the ground here and there. I silently walked towards the revolving doors, the sound of my heels clacking against the sidewalk was the only sound for miles. When I walked inside I was greeted but a faux Santa Claus for the Salvation Army. I quickly emptied my change purse and turned the corner towards forever twenty one.

"Rolling in the Deeeepppppp," Adele's voice filled the empty store and as I looked around many clerks were humming along while lazily folding camisoles and ugly, wool sweaters. I quickly headed toward the back to find the the bright colors and risky New York fashion. I quickly grabbed an array of colors anywhere from sea foam to burnt orange and shuffled into a dressing room. Adele was wrapping up her song when I realized what I was going to sing with Kale.

"That's it! I'll sing Rolling In The Deep. It's brilliant and full of low and high notes."

"Do you need something honey?" A voice called outside the curtain.

"Uhh, no." I mumbled barely paying attention. I picked up my satchel and dug out my phone in record time. I quickly scrolled through my contacts stopping at the K's and clicking on Kale's number. I pressed it up to my ear eager to hear his deep voice.

"Hi this is Kale-"

"Oh hey. I have an.."

"' 's phone, I can't talk right now but leave a message at the beep."

I was still wearing the deep mauve three-quarter shirt which I quickly stripped off and sprinted to the counter handing them the clothes pulling out my credit card. I was eager to talk to Kale and I thought I'd call him again once I got home.

I excited the mall and speed-walked to my car unlocked it and threw the bag to the back seats starting the ignition and pulling off instantly. Within a few minutes it began to pour, my parents weren't fond of me driving in the rain, but I fiqured I'd be fine.

I was halfway home when my phone screen lit up in the seat next to me. I picked it up and a familiar voice answered.

"Hey. This is Kale."

"Yeah I know. Listen I found a song."

"Uhuh."

"We should sing Rolling In The Deep."

And in a few minutes I'd decided I'd head over to pick him up and we were going to practice at the high school. The rain continued to pour and I had to turn my windshield wipers on full blast. I arrived at his house in a matter of minutes. He sprinted out of the front door wearing a red Nike pullover with tan shorts and a pair of brand-new white air-max's. Opening the door he jumped in quickly and pecked me on the cheek. Butterflies swirled in my stomach.

We were silent on our way to the high school. The rain had yet again worsened and it began to lightning and wind struck the car. I shoved in my T-Swift CD and looked at Kale. He was staring right back at me. Before I knew it his hands were around my face my lips pressed to his. He was kissing me and right then time stopped. But it began again and as I turned back to face the wheel I saw the front of the car tip forward into the rushing water. We had no time to scream or do anything. All I could do was sit there and grip the wheel tightly as my knuckles turned white.

The car finally tipped all the way and my stomach did a flip. Kale was sent flying towards the windshield with a crack, blood was drawn and he was unconscious. That's when it hit. I unbuckled my seatbelt and began to open my door grabbing Kale by his hood I struggled to pull myself and him out into the rushing waters. The water was ice cold and my legs were already numb. I managed to get us out of the car but we quickly rushed down stream and I struggled to keep both of us above water. Ahead was a big log in the water, I didn't see it soon enough and before you could say anything it struck me and I was out.