↳ 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 X

unavailable

~***~

idea

at aged sixteen, lewis and samara were not ready to be parents. they didn't love each other. with lewis making a name for himself in the motorsport world, it was never going to work out between them. samara made the difficult decision to cut him out of her life. it went against samara's personal beliefs to abort the baby, so she gave birth to a beautiful, baby girl on the last day of August, 2001 (two months earlier than samara's due date). despite the complications, the baby was a fighter. a few weeks after being born, that baby, whom she had named abrielle, was healthy enough to be given up for adoption.

abrielle didn't know who her real parents were, nor did she really care. all she knew was that the people who had adopted her when she was a mere baby raised her into a powerful, confident woman. they let her explore hobbies such as horse riding, gymnastics, and even skiing, before abrielle settled on something considered unusual for her gender - karting. she had to battle with the whispers and criticisms, which only made her victories even sweeter.

barely eighteen years old, abrielle was given the opportunity of a lifetime - drive for a formula one team. she had been a part of the red bull young driver programme since her sixteenth birthday so the promotion to toro rosso from formula three seemed like the start of her future. her end goal was to reach a top team and start winning championships, but those sorts of things aren't handed to anyone on a plate (as she had learned from past experience).

lewis felt a sense of familiarity when he looked at abrielle but couldn't quite put his finger on it. how was he supposed to recognise that she had samara's bright smile and her ability to make a man back down with a single glare? he hadn't seen the woman, or even thought about the pregnancy after assuming she just got an abortion.

it was only when she agreed to do a collaboration with a brand that traces heritage that abrielle became interested in her birth parents. she felt like she would be complete if she could find out where she came from, and the results left her in a state of shock.

anger, betrayal, confusion - the emotions were strong. how would lewis react? abrielle didn't think she needed a father other than the one she already had, but knowing she was a blood relation to lewis made her crave her family - her real family. she had so many questions she wanted to ask, so many things that were clouded in darkness.

how would max react? the two's relationship was only just beginning to blossom behind the scenes and he wasn't the biggest lewis hamilton fan. things will be compromised.

stubbornness and determination runs in abrielle's blood. no matter what, she won't let anything come in between her and a championship.

<takes place 2020/2021 season, would personally start just after the summer break of abrielle's first season at toro rosso. this idea was thought pre-covid so doesn't cater for it>

~***~

title ideas

• Fighter
• In My Blood
• Thicker Than Water

~***~

a little bit of insight...

this is one of those ideas that just come to me. i noticed that there wasn't many stories where the mc is a person of colour and feel like that needs to change.

this story is open to take in any direction that you want. i only included a love interest as that's usually what people prefer to read about, however if you choose to take on this story, that'll be completely optional. feel free to change it from max.

there are so many opportunities here! like, you could reveal that lewis is her father early on in the book and build suspense as she gets closer to finding the truth, or you could keep the reader in the dark much like the mc. obviously names can be changed, these were just the names i had when planning.