Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I'm not gonna garden." Virgil declared.

"I never said you would." Roman huffed. "I want to garden."

"We'll have to decide soon," Logan said though it was clear he was trying not to stress Virgil out. "Do you have any specific grievances?"

"I dunno, I just..." Virgil ran his hands through his hair and sighed. "I want to move. I'm just also fucking terrified of change. So, I'm not going to be helpful at all."

"Things won't change that much," Roman said helpfully. "Logan and I are moving too, and all our stuff will come with us. It's not like you'll be alone."

"That's... true." Virgil nodded slowly, looking down at the pictures again. They'd already gone to one tour of the house - and this was really just the day they were going to decide. Yes or no.

"So, are we doing this?" Roman asked softly. "For real?"

"Virgil?" Logan glanced over, and Virgil finally sighed, nodding.

"Yeah, but I'm going to be in breakdown mode until we get moved in. Just a warning."

"We can handle that." Logan kissed Virgil gently, then turned back to the computer. "I'll email them and tell them we've decided."

"This is so exciting!" Roman buried Virgil in a hug. "We're gonna have a garden, and I'll water it with the blood of my enemies!"

"Dude what the fuck."

"I'm a hopeless romantic in many senses of that word." Roman chuckled. "And I am ready to make sinister and edgy comments until you're feeling like your fabulous Emo self again!"

"I don't know how to feel about that." Virgil confessed, pushing Roman away. Roman obliged, getting to his feet.

"Feelings are a construct anyway." Roman said, imitating Virgil's tone poorly.

"Stop."

"I fight the man."

"Roman, please."

"Begging will do nothing, Existence is futile."

"Logan make him stop." Virgil begged. Logan didn't look up from his computer, instead just sighed.

"Roman, stop trying to be edgy. You aren't good at it." Roman gasped, clutching his chest in mock offense.

"Logan how could you betray me like this!" he sank dramatically to his knees. "I'm wounded!"

"Pain is a construct." Virgil sassed, tossing a couch pillow at him. Roman caught it, lobbing it back. "Oh, it is on!"

"Wha-" Logan finally looked up only to have a pillow hit him in the face.

"Shit-" Virgil laughed, jumping over the back of the couch to hide behind it.

"Coward!" Roman picked up another pillow and threw it at Logan, who was sitting with a resigned look on his face.

"You are both children." he informed them, putting his computer to the side and picking up the pillows. Roman laughed, ducking behind the chair. "I'm not throwing them, Roman. I'm picking them off the floor."

"Oh." Roman stood up and was blindsided by a pillow Logan threw at him. "Hey! Traitor!"

"Pillow fights have no teams," Logan said cheerfully. "And therefore no traitors."

"Incoming!" Virgil yelled, just as one of the larger couch cushions hit Logan in the back of the head and he stumbled, laughing softly. "Sorry, I thought you were looking."