Chapter 38: The Master of the Wilds

Start from the beginning

Thankfully, Wind relented as he sighed and stood up to face the tiger. "Alright. But please, be careful."

I nodded and smiled at Wind, knowing this might work. Without any hesitation, I quickly threw the bottle and both of us covered our mouths as an info window popped up right in front of me.

[Smoke Bottle]

[A bottle containing special liquid that can turn into a non-toxic smoke. Very useful in escapes and ambushes.]

As the description said, smoke began to envelop most of the field immediately after the bottle broke as we split up and ran around the monster as fast as we could. I couldn't do anything on my part right now, except hide in the smoke until Wind successfully distracted the monster. However, because of this, I couldn't see anything in the smoke and I couldn't risk clearing without exposing my location. I just had to keep running until...

TWAANG!

I quickly stopped as an arrow flew towards me. I managed to dodge it, with it just barely missing my left foot. Eventually, I heard Wind's voice booming in the field.

"Hey you, wild cat! Over here!"

That must be his signal. Without any second thoughts, I raised my staff and began my incantation.

"Spirit of Slyph, hear our call. Trap our enemies with the stormy gale and imbue our weaponry with your blessing! [Tempest Blow]!"

I swung my staff as hard as I can, at which it summoned up a large tornado that swallowed us and the whole field.

[NOTICE]

[The skill, [Tempest Blow], has activated. Your current party will gain a [Wind Element] imbued to your weaponry.]

As the skill description said, my staff was now enveloped with a small gale of air. It was awesome to see my staff like this, but it was not the only reason I had cast that spell. As the wind started to get stronger, the dust from the ground was caught in the tornado, and I quickly covered my eyes to avoid being blinded as well.

"Come on, please work...," I muttered as I waited for the dust to blind the monster. When I uncovered my eyes after that, I noticed that the tiger was trying to rub their eyes, and I realized my chance.

"Alright! And now..."

I tightly gripped onto my staff as I smacked the tip on the ground and began the incantation.

"Mana of creation, hear my call."

Just a few more and we'd home free!

"Help us esc-"

[Why...]

Huh?

[Why now?! Why are these humans trying to pester me at an inopportune time?!]

Wha-? It was the same voice I'd heard earlier. But where...?

[How frustrating! All I want is to save this forest, but they had the nerve to invade my home during this crisis!]

"His home"? Hang on, they said that some humans are pestering him right now. Was that voice talking about us? If so, does that mean that voice belongs to...?

[Enough is enough! I will kill all humans who will destroy my home, starting with that hunter!]

Hunter? Oh no, he must've meant Wind! My brother was in trouble!

Unfortunately, before I could find him, the tiger let out a roar, at which several dark clouds began to form in the sky. Even more, I felt the wind starting to pick up as it blew away most of the smoke around me, and the tornado that was formed from my spell as well. Not only was the whole field visible again, but I could also see Wind holding his bow, and he looked very shocked. I guess that plan backfired... Dang it...