Red

Screaming.

The annoying cries of a woman keeping me from my movie.

This is what I get for staying in a hostel.

I let out an annoyed sigh, I'm staying here for Christmas during the next three days, first night already got an annoying neighbor. I leave the room, the moment I enter the hallway the screaming from the neighbors show ends. I knock on the door to no response, I know someones in there. They were watching some horror movie all night up until a second ago, I stick my head to the peephole. I see a young girl, standing back turned to the back facing out through a large window.

She's gorgeous.

I immediately blush, deciding not to bother her anymore and head back to my room to have a good sleep for the upcoming holiday.

Christmas over, I'm tired and probably fatter now. The moment I close the hostel's door behind me, the screaming starts. I furrow my eyebrows and glance at the time, 12:37. It took 37 minutes to get here after the 12-hour party, I sigh and the moment I head into the hallway it stops. I knock on the door to no avail, peeping through the peephole I see the woman with her head down, back turned to the door, seems to have her chin to her chest and staring straight down the rails of the balcony, shes on the balcony and seems extremely dazed. I decide not to bother her, a bit confused on how she turns off the tv so quickly and gets into the position she is.

On the last day of my stay, my eyes glue to the clock, 12:37 am again, the screaming begins. I sigh, head out my hostel to hear to stop, knock on the door to no answer, and look through the peephole.

It's red.

Did she see me looking through the other nights? Used something to cover it?

I decide not to push the matter as if she had seen me looking through she must think I'm some creep, letting out a sigh. I walk back into my room and pack up my things for my checkout and head for a 5-hour rest.

"Hey?" I asked, about 5 hours later to the receptionist.

"Yes?" She replies, her attention divided between a computer and me.

"Who's in the room next to mine, like number 156?" I asked.

The receptionist became extremely shocked and looked up at me.

"Next to yours?" She mumbled.

"Yeah," I replied.

She seemed sad, looked back at her computer.

"My family owned this hostel for generations, my daughter would've taken over by now, but. During the 1990s she was murdered in the room next to yours. No ever stays in that room now." She replied.

"Why was-"

"She was killed for being a "demon from hell" from people in our town, just because of her beautiful red eyes."