Chapter 40

Liam's P.O.V

"So, twins?" Liam asked when we walked out of the doctor's office. I nodded and got into his car.

Twins.

A boy and a girl.

Two babies. I have to give birth to them both. I'm eighteen for God's sake! I can't have four kids!

"L-Liam? I-I don't like this. A-At all." I stuttered to him as he pulled out of the car lot and onto the highway.

"Brooklyn, I really am sorry. I know the babies will love you. You'll be a great mum to them, I know it. Everything will be fine. We'll have full support of our friends and family." He said in the way that always calms me down. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

I didn't feel anything like love, I just felt like we were best friends and I that's how I liked it. Not Liam and I dating or anything, just him being like my brother. He was always more of a brother than my real brother, and his whole family was more like my family than my actual family.

"I don't have enough space for them. I guess Lux and Soph could share a room, then the twins share a room, but then the twins would wake up the girls when they cry at night. I-I just don't know." I said, looking out the window.

"I don't know, but worse case scenario, we find you a bigger place. I know you like it where you are now, but maybe you can move into a bigger place that's closer to my flat." He said. I shrugged and he pulled into the car lot of my flat building. We saw LyLayn, Zayn, Harry, Niall, Mallory, Louis, El, Sophie, Lux and Ava outside on the sidewalk. I got out once Liam parked and went over to Sophie.

"Mummy!" She grabbed my leg and I bent down to her. She smiled and I pulled her up onto my hip. She squirmed in my grip and started crying for Harry. I put her down and she ran over to him. He scooped her up and started walking over to me.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" He asked, giving Sophie to Zayn and walking me over to a tree around the corner.

"What Harry?" I asked, leaning against the tree. He came closer to me and put his hand on my waist and before I knew it his lips were on mine. I was stunned, and before anything really registered, he pulled away. "Why did you do that?" I asked.

"I couldn't help it. Brooklyn, I know we've had our troubles, but I can't help but still feel the same way about you. Please, just come home. The girls need to see me more than they are, and I know you don't have enough room in your flat for another baby." He said.

"Babies." I mumbled under my breath. I looked down at my feet then up at Harry. By the look on his face I could tell he heard me.

"Babies? Like more than one? Multiple babies?" He asked. I nodded and looked into his eyes.

That's one of the reasons I love him. His eyes can always put a smile on my face and whenever he smiles it just feels right. It just felt like nothing bad ever happened when I looked into his eyes.

"You still didn't answer me." He said.

"I don't know. Harry. The last few times I've ever trusted you... It hasn't turned out good. I end up leaving. I just can't trust you yet. Or ever. I just-"

"I'm fed up with management and they made me do all those things. I understand if you can't trust me, but please, come back and we don't have to try again. Just come back. Please? The house is so empty without you and the girls. Please?" He pleaded.

"I-If I come then nothing happens, okay? I won't leave and you won't do anything stupid, okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay." He agreed, grabbing my hand and walking back to the others. Liam gave me a strange look, but I just brushed it off. It wasn't like we were together or anything.