Chapter 3

I walked into the house and I could smell food, but I didn't know what it was. It smelled good, though.

"Tyler, is that you?", my mom yelled from the kitchen. "yeah mom, I'm here", I replied. I smiled proudly as I walked into the kitchen with the chocolates and flowers and stuff. "Mom...", I said. She looked up at me from the pot she was stirring and smiled when I held the bag up.

"Oh, Tyler Gregory...", she gasped,"you didn't....". I nodded, "yep, I did. It's for you and Yasmine for being the best family", I said as I took the stuff out,"I don't know what I would do without you guys and the love you provide". She smiled and hugged me, " aw, I love you soooo much, sweetie. Thank you". I shrugged, "no problem". She took her stuff and began to read the card. "Where's Yasmine?", I asked. She pointed upstairs.

I walked up to her room and heard more laughter. The girls are still there? Oh lord...
I knocked three times and it got silent for a second. "Come in", she said. Or I think it was her...all her little 13 year old friends sound the same to me. I slowly pushed the door open and saw them all sprawled on the floor on their phones. "Surprise!", I said as me pushed the bag under her nose. She looked confused for a second, so did her friends, but when she took the bag and looked through it, she smiled. The other girls peeked in and gasped. "Aww!", they all said in unison. She pulled out the bear,"thanks, Tyler, what's the occasion?".

"Uh, nothing", I said. She stared at me blankly and laughed, "your hiding something, but whatever". She went back to rummaging through the bag and grabbed the chocolates. She squealed and as I walked out p, I heard the girls begin to unwrap the box, probably going to share the whole thing.

I headed to my room and pulled out my phone. I was going to call hodgy, but I didn't know how he was on the whole "earlier" situation. I was bored. I threw my phone onto he bed and crashed into the sheets. I sighed as I got comfortable and began to drift into a nap when I felt my phones vibrations. Could it be hodgy? Taco? Doms?

??: made it home in one piece, 'preme?

I had to think awhile who the mystery number could be, but I realized it had to be frank.

Me: lls yea I did, I got my fam some gifts, too 👏

I felt good typing that. Frank began typing...

Frank: that's good. Hope they enjoy it 😊

I turned off my phone and put it on the charger. I'm not the one for long conversation. I went back to laying down when I heard scratching on my door. It was dumb ass cotton, for sure. I grabbed a magazine and threw it at the wall. It just brushed it.

"Go away, fucktard", I yelled. The door opened and Yasmine and one of her friends heads popped in.

"Us...?", she whined. "I meant your dumb dog", I said, lifting up the sheets,"sorry, I just-". I was interrupted when the dog charged into my room. He hopped up on my bed. "Ugh, get your little shit Yasmine... Please?". She crossed her arms and stared at me with a blank expression, and her friend laughed.

"Mom wants you for dinner", she said as she left. I kept trying to get the dog off of me, but the dumb thing wouldn't budge.

"Come, cotton", Yasmine called. I sighed when the dog hopped down and trotted away. I grabbed my phone and went down for dinner and sat at the table. Only one of Yasmine's friends was left, and she was the one who liked me. She smiled when I sat down so I half smiled back. Dinner was awkward, especially when the girl who was over left. Her mom called her and said she was outside. I took a bite out of the fish that my mom made and then Yasmine smirked at me.
"So, Tyler...those gifts you got us were very nice....but I'm still wondering- why did you get them?", she said in a sweet phony little voice. I shot her and evil stare and them looked at my mom,"they were on sale and I was thinking about you". My mom smiled, but then, of course, yasmine was still not pleased with my little lie.
"No it wasn't.", she blankly said.
"What are you-", I started.
"They weren't on sale".
"How do you know?", I mumbled and jabbed my fork into a string bean.
"You left the receipt in the bag and my friends sister works there, y'know... The one who just left- Aries, her sister Naomi works at that gift shop and the only sales they have are valentines, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Veterans Day. Plus, we called Naomi and asked her were they having a sale. She said no, they always have a pretty, custom for the holiday, logo on the receipts when they have a sale. Yours didn't."
"Why were you lurking so hard! Why can't I just buy gifts for you guys without you guys getting all suspect about it?", I yelled.
"Tyler...", my mom said softly, but I didn't need soothing.
"No, mom, yasmine, if it bothers you so much to know, then I'll tell you, I had an almost near fucking death experience that made me appreciate life, and luckily, someone was there to save me from it, but if the same ever happens to you, and I don't help you, you'll understand, right?" I yelled again. She stared at me with a blank expression,
"right!", I said as I rose from the table, leaving my plate, and walked towards the door,
"Tyler Gregory, where the hell do you think your going?", my mom said from the kitchen.
"Hopefully...to Hodgy's",I muttered as I slammed the door behind me. My third trip today better be a good one.