Chapter 5

I dont even remember how I got home last night. I do know that I text that girl for a while because in my phone, there are messages to her. Her last reply is her telling me that her name is Serreti.
She's from Boca Raton, and she wants to hang out sometimes. I smiled. I leaned back into my bed and sighed a sigh of relief. Finally, something good in my life. I rolled over and tried to get a little more sleep.

My dreams were good, and I was awaken by the sound of cotton barking in the yard. I hopped in my shower and threw on a tee and some shorts. I slapped on a hat and some vans. I couldnt wait to tell TC the news! I walked downstairs and no one was awake- good. I grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of gatorade and put them in a bookbag.

"Ty...", a voice said. I turned around and saw Yasmine in the dining room.

"what", I muttered.

"I...I am truly sorry", she said, twisting her fingers.

"okay", I said, grabbing my stuff and heading for the door.

"I am!", she whined.

"and I said OKAY", I hissed. She turned around and went back upstairs. I grabbed my bag and my skateboard and walked out the back door and into the woods.

When I got to the main road, I ran across and headed straight to the therapy office. Brenda the bitch was at the desk. It was early and no one was there exept for the workers. I walked straight into the back and opened the door.

"hey, TC", I said in my happiest voice. He looked up from his papers and looked shocked.

"Tyler...hey, uh, whats up?"

"have you ever realized therapist is the-rapist put together?", I laughed, "are you a rapist, TC?"

"Tyler, whats wrong?", he asked, seeming a little confused.

"I met a girl", I said.

"oh, that sounds nice, who is is?"

"her name is Serreti, and I met her on the bus last night", I said, cheesing hard.

"thats good, Tyler. I am very glad to see you happy. What was it about her that made you feel that way?", he said, scooting in on his seat.

"well, she was...perfect! Her skin was a perfect brown, she had ombre hair, a nice body, and she just..she was just gorgeous", I looked down as I thought about her and laughed.

"aww, how sweet", he said. He put on his glasses and read a newspaper. "mmm...", he hummed, making a strange face.

"what?", I asked him.

"oh, nothing...just looking at the deals. They have buy one roll of paper towels get one free at Giant, I guess I'll be stopping by there on my way home"

"do you have a wife?", I asked. The question came from no where. It just popped into my head. His face went pale.

"I-I did...actually", he said, looking down.

"Oh, divorce?",I asked. I was curious.

"um, no, she...uh, she died of child birth complications", he said in a monotonous voice.

"I'm sorry to hear", I said. I felt bad, but I was still wondering more. Sometimes I want to shut my mouth, but I just cant.

"did the baby survive..?", I asked.

"yep...she.....she did", he said, biting his lip.

"oh, so you have a daughter?", I said with a weak smile.

"yes, I do, but she left and moved to Canada after a huge argument we got in", he sighed, "We havent talked since she was 17, and that was in 1996"

"but TC", I said sucking my teeth,"its 2015!"

"yep, I know", he sighed.

"what was her name?", I asked.

"Eriqa"

"oh...do you miss her?"

"yes...any parent should miss their child, even if they were a handful", Je said, nervously laughing.

"true", I nodded.

"are...are you just here for questions? Dont you have, like...school?", he laughed. I totally forgot about that!

"oh my god, I DO! Well, I guess I'll see you around, TC, bye", I said.

"okay, Bye, Tyler", he laughed.

I ran out the office door and out of the building. I knew a way to the school from there, so I hopped on my skateboard and left.

When I got to the school, I checked the time: 8:06...not bad, I was just 6 minutes late. I ran into the back doors of the school (they were always unlocked and no one was ever there) and right to my locker (which was right there- thank Based God). I slid into the classroom and saw a substitute teacher- yes! Good for me. I slid into my seat.

"what is your name?", he asked.

"Tyler...Tyler Haley", I said.

"I dont see a Tyler Haley...um, just a Tyler Dawson and a Tyler Ok-"

"I'm the last one...just please call me Tyler Haley...", I begged.

"okay...", he said.

///

After 3rd period, it was lunch time. I decided to eat outside. I grabbed my own table and pulled out the granola and gatorade.

"thats a lunch?", a voice said. I could recognize it from anywhere- Taco! I turned around and there he was with Jasper.

"hey, guys", I said, unwrapping the granola bar.

"hey...thats just a snack, you need real food, Tyler!", Taco said.

"I would not be able to live off of that, trust me", Jasper said.

"we know", I said.

Taco laughed,"he said that because your fat". Taco laughed even harder. Jasper rolled his eyes and sat at the table.

"how did you know I was out here?", I said, taking a bite out of the bar.

"we just assumed", Jasper said. He pulled out a bagged lunch.

"what do you have?", Taco asked Jasper.

"uh, a leftover burger from fatburger and some fries", he replied.

"your eating it cold?", I laughed.

"yes, I am", he said proudly.

"whatever floats your boat", I said.

"I got two ham sandwiches, you want one, Ty?", Taco asked me.

"eh, I guess its netter than eating this", I said, pushing my food out the way. He passed me the sandwich,"thanks"

"no sweat, best friend", he smiled.

"dude, your sus", I laughed after taking a bite of the sandwich. Its good as fuck! Jasper was smashing his burger and fries. They were some real friends, and lately it is hard to find friends like them.

Or maybe I just cant tell anymore...

Eh, whatever