"It suits you, Lena," Echo complimented, telling the truth. Even though her sister had her humanity off, she does seem happy which made Echo happy.

WALKING INTO A dimly lit bar, Damon commented, "Looks about right." 

Elena let out a sigh. "I was promised hedonism." 

Damon gave her a look. "Well, it's early. Hedonism isn't a big fan of the sunlight." 

"Or soap," the brunette retorted making a face as the state of the bar they had walked into. 

"Easy, judgy," Damon replied before adding, "Not everybody got a new haircut today." Elena smiles widely, running her hand through her hair as she turned to her sister who gave her a thumbs up. "Give it a couple of hours. This place will be crawling with more punked-out nihilists than you can eat in a decade, trust me." 

Elena tilted her head. "How do you know?" 

"Because I spent most of the seventies here. The Factory was too clean, CBGB's was too high-profile, but Billy's — Billy's was the underground of the underground." The blue eyed vampire grinned and wrapped his arm around Echo, placing a kiss to her neck.

He went on to explain the story of the time Lexi came to New York on Stefan's behalf to help hime while he was on his binge.

Echo pulled back and turned to her boyfriend. "You got Lexied?" 

Before he could answer, Rebekah swooped in and slammed Damon's head down onto the table they're standing at. "Following a lead without me? Poor form, Damon." She looked up and smiled at Echo and Elena who was shocked. "I have to say I'm a little hurt, Damon."

Echo glared at the blonde as she gently grabbed Damon's hand, pulling him away from her. "Don't touch him again."

Rebekah tilted her head and looked the brunette up and down. "What are you gonna do about it, love?"

Not understanding what was happening, Elena asked, "Wait. What the hell are you talking about?" 

Rebekah rolled her eyes and huffed. "Damon's following a lead to the cure. I'm following him. Notice your names never came up." 

Echo glared and crossed her arms. Yes, they were looking for the cure, but it wasn't going to be for Elena like the blonde thinks. It to shove it down either Klaus' or Katherine's throat, and then make Elena turn her humanity on once she realizes that the person who killed their brother is gone.

But, Elena — thinking that it was for bringing her humanity back — huffed at that. "You're doing what? You both know I don't want it."

Damon rolled his eyes and smirked at the blonde. "How does it feel to be wrong all the time? We brought Elena here to feed. I mean, Mystic Falls isn't exactly Vamp Xanadu right now." 

"Right. So you drove seven hours to New York City?" The blonde Original looked between the couple, raising a brow.

Damon nodded. "Yes, and as I was explaining to the wonder twins, before we were so rudely interrupted, that my history in this city has a particular resonance to Elena's current situation." Gesturing to the older twin, he finished, "When I had my humanity off."