Rhys

[A/N: So, reader, you're gonna be landing on Promethea! How exciting! :D Anyways, enjoy the story. This one probably won't be as long, because I had a looot of pent up feels from the last one. Sorry. D;]

"Ack, hey," a voice exclaimed as [Y/N] crashed to the ground. She coughed, looking up and seeing the unfortunate soul she'd landed on. It was Rhys, of all people. She groaned, her ribs aching from the fall, and rolled off him. "Sorry, bro, guess today just isn't your day," she said, rubbing her face. Not only did she have a soft spot for the adorable nerd, but she felt like she also probably just crushed him to death along with any chance she could potentially have had with him. 

He sat up abruptly, looking over at her with a dumb expression on his face. "It's the mustache, isn't it," he asked incredulously, prompting her to look at him. As he said, a mustache sat on his upper lip. She snorted a little,  groaning in pain as she sat up. "I mean, you kind of look like the definition of a creepy uncle, but no, I'm not groaning at the mustache," she replied as nonchalantly as she could without wincing. 

Upon seeing her discomfort, he discarded her creepy uncle remark and moved to a kneeling position and looked over her. "You're really pretty- Ah, I mean pretty banged up," scanning her with his Echo eye. She smirked, trying unsuccessfully to shift a little to get more comfortable. "Yeah, seems like it," she said, this not being a new fact if she was being honest. She was pretty well known in her previous home to be a bit clumsy, so she was used to it. 

"I'm Rhys. Rhys Strongfork," he said, his eyes narrowing a little to see if there was a flicker across her face. She acted as though she had never heard of him before and replied, "That's an interesting name. I'm [Y/N]. [Y/N} [L/N]. It's nice to meet you." She smiled at him as kindly as she could before wincing again and realizing the situation she was in.  

"Where are we, anyways," she asked, furrowing her brows. "That's kind of, uh... Where do you think you are," he answered with a question of his own. "I don't...  know," she said flatly, wondering if this was a dream or hallucination of some sort. 

"First Maliwan attacks, and now a girl falls out of the sky," Rhys mumbled, getting up and stretching. "Wait here," he said confidently, "I'll get someone to take you to the med bay." She nodded, smiling gratefully at him as he called over some guards to help her. 

Once she was in the sick bay, there was a knock at her door. Rhys wandered in to see her, the very familiar face of Zer0 coming in after him. "How are you feeling," he asked, genuine concern lacing his voice. She shrugged, answering, "Just a couple bruised ribs and a sprained wrist. What can I say? I'm pretty... Durable, I guess." He nodded, while Zer0 regarded the girl carefully. 

"The girl is no threat/She is completely unarmed/ I will be outside," Zer0 said after a moment, before stepping out of the room. Upon receiving a questioning look from [Y/N], Rhys chuckled nervously and replied, "Well, some of the soldiers thought you might be a Maliwan infiltrator. If Zer0 says you're cool, then you're cool. I should know- Zer0 is the coolest person I know." She nodded, understanding the situation. "Well, since you're not a threat, welcome to Atas HQ," Rhys said, spreading his arms dramatically. She giggled at this, causing him to drop his arms. "Sorry," she said between giggles, "That was just too cute!" 

Rhys' face lit up a dark red and he looked away, rubbing his neck. "So," she asked, "When will I be able to get out of this place? I'm not overly fond of hospitals." He straightened up abruptly and said, "Right! I'm actually here to get you and show you to your quarters for the time being. We're under attack, so I can't really let you leave HQ right now. It's too dangerous." She nodded, asking, "So are you just gonna watch me change orrr....?"