31

My first shift went really well.

Other than the fact that the pictures had been playing on my mind since I stepped foot out of the door.

When customers were talking to me, I was taking their orders, but it wasn't going in. I messed up multiple of them, much to the dismay of the owner. However, she overlooked it fortunately and put it down as nerves. I wasn't nervous, just confused.

I got the job, and was instructed to come in the next day for the lunch time shift instead. If I could tackle a rowdy night shift, I could do anything.

I sat at my dining room table the following morning with a cuppa, wanting nothing more than to call Roger.

After I got home, I was way too tired to call like he asked. That and I wasn't sure what to even say. Like, 'yes my shift went great, why do you have dozens of pictures with different girls hidden in your house?'. I took a drag of my fag whilst tapping my nails on the table, feeling strangely restless and nervous for some reason. I could always call him now? It was only 9, Roger wouldn't be working or rehearsing yet.

I picked up the phone from the hallway, dragging the machine back into the kitchen and resuming in my position. I dialled the familiar number in, pressing call. Barely three rings later he answered.

"Hello?" He said quite frantically.

"Hi, Rog." I sighed.

"Fuck sake, Julia. I thought you were dead." He laughed, with a tone of relief.

"Why?"

"Because you didn't call! How was it?"

"It went really well, actually. I'm back in a few hours for the lunch shift, then I'm not back in until next week." I replied, twiddling the phone cord. I wasn't going to tell him that he was on my mind the entire time.

"I'm really glad," I could sense the smile in his voice, "come round tonight? I'll pick you up from work? I think the boys are coming round, too."

It was a Wednesday, so I had nothing else on for the week. Of course I wanted to spend it with him.

"Yeah, sounds good to me. I finish at 3."

"Ok, gorgeous. I'll see you then."

"Yeah, bye."

After hanging up the phone, I felt like a complete idiot. Why was I being so rude to him? Those girls were clearly in the past, why was I acting as if he was cheating on me or something?

Sighing, I stood up and tossed my empty mug into the sink, making my way upstairs to pack a bag for the night and to get ready for work.

-

I took an extra long drag of my cigarette as I waited in the car park of the pub. It had just gone 3, and I was waiting for Roger to get me. Fortunately, it wasn't cold out, so I was quite content waiting in the cool sun.

Not a few moments later, Rogers familiar car swung into the road, stopping slowly in front of me. Brian was in the passenger seat, with Mary, Freddie and John all squashed in the back. I raised my eyebrow, walking towards the car. Roger came into my view, giving me a huge smile. Any bitterness towards him seemed to fade away instantly.

"Hey, Jules." He said, pulling the hand brake up.

"It's great to see you all, but where the fuck am I sitting." I laughed, watching the four others in amusement. They shared looks,

"Shit, forgot you had a five seater, Rog." John exclaimed.

"We can fit, squeeze in the back with us." Freddie said, moving up as much as he can into the window. Mary followed suit, as did John. I sighed, opening the back door and pulling myself in. Let's just say it wasn't comfortable. Four fully grown adults in the back of a tiny car wasn't the ideal situation. One of my legs was resting on John, whilst the rest of my body pressed against the side door. Once I was in, Roger turned to look at me, then pulled my t shirt towards him to kiss me. Again, wasn't a good nor passionate kiss. Even so, I enjoyed the moment, being close to the man I wanted to spend every moment with. He pulled away, smirking at me.

"Gross." John muttered from beside me, mock gagging. Roger flicked him in the forehead in response.

"Bevvies are in the boot, let's get drunk." Brian exclaimed, cheering. We all cheered in unison, and Roger pulled out of the car park quickly.

-

As usual, we had all gotten drunk. Extremely quickly. We'd only been at Rogers for an hour, but I was already seeing double and slurring my words. I don't know how it happens; perhaps being around people who I adore so much brings out this side of me.

I was laying on the sofa, Roger close next to me. I couldn't keep my hands off of him. Whether it was my leg brushing his, or my fingers twirling his hair, I wanted to be near him. When he went to get a refill, I followed him like a lost puppy, kissing him or holding his hand. I could feel myself being annoying if we were sober, but as we were both intoxicated, it was fine.

"You're so beautiful." Roger mumbled to me in the kitchen, both of us on our own. I was sat on the island, with him in between my legs. Instead of replying, I sealed the gap between us with a light kiss. The sound of the lads playing some of their new music was the perfect aura for the moment. During the whole night, I hadn't mentioned the pictures, although it was still there in my mind.

"I love you, Rog." I said casually. I didn't want to make it a big deal. We'd already said it during our first time. He smirked,

"I love you, Julia." He replied, tracing lines on my thighs. Both smiling, we went in for another kiss.

"Oi, can you come back in? Got an amazing idea for a song." Brian said from the doorway, cutting us off. He mentioned nothing about the kiss, but gave Roger a sly high five when they thought I couldn't see.

-

unsure of this chapter, but I wanted to update.

I want to speed the process in which the boys were discovered, so I may change various things in order to help move the story along? I hope yous are ok with this!