"Do you know what gender you're having?" A woman with mousy brown hair smiles.

"We're having a girl."

"That's exciting!"

"London's looking forward to a little sister."

The mother of the party, Lily, stomps into the room and collapses on the chair.

"My friend's daughter was supposed to be a fairy princess, but she just bailed. What am I supposed to do? The girls were so excited about it."

"That's a bugger." One sighs.

"Who will do the activities now?" Lily frowns.

The backdoor opens and Blake takes a deep breathe. He wanders into the kitchen and grabs a drink before standing beside me. Relief courses through my body when he touches my shoulder.

"Is everything okay?" he whispers.

"The princess fairy bailed."

"Oh." He frowns.

"You could do the activities with them," I suggest.

Blake frowns but Lily perks up.

"Oh Ava, that's a wonderful idea. What do you think Blake? I'll pay you for it."

"Um." Blake gulps. "Do I have to wear the dress?"

"Yes, please wear the dress." I grin.

Blake rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"I'm not wearing a dress, and I don't care how much you pay me."

* * * * *

Classical music booms through the speakers as Blake tiptoes outside. The girls squeal with excitement as they race across the yard. He sprinkles glitter and twirls around in a circle, which makes the dress flutter..

He plonks on the grass and sets the bag of glitter and the star wand in front of him. The birthday girl, Aria, sits beside Blake and the rest of the girls gather in front of him.

"I'm Princess Buttercup, and I'm here to celebrate Aria's birthday."

"Yay," Aria shouts.

"We're going to play pass the parcel. Each layer has a magical gift so that everyone can have fun." Lily hands Blake a parcel and the control device for the speaker.

He instructs the girls to sit in a circle and wait. Music plays and the girls grow excited as the parcel is handed around.

The woman from before stands beside me and sighs.

"You found yourself a good baby daddy! My hubby won't touch Barbies or glitter." She sighs.

"You're right, I really was lucky." I smile.

I slide my hand across my belly and sigh. Two little girls seem perfect, I don't know if we need another child. Perhaps I'll change my mind in the future.

Inside the parcel is a fairy makeup kit which goes to a girl not far from London. It's opened and the girls are quick to apply makeup to themselves, and even Blake. He ends up with bright blue powder on his eyelids and red blush on his cheeks.

He's so patient and calm . . . He was always going to be a good father, young or not.

* * * * *

My back aches, my feet are swollen, so seeing Tori on our doorstep is the last thing I want. Blake and I look at each other and with hold the groan we so desperately want to release.