CHAPTER SIXTEEN

16.
                        ***********

The night didn't go as expected after John's father choked up from his water. And his mother locked herself in their bedroom. John tried to speak to each of them, but both seemed not to be into talking that night, after the incident.

(is it just a choke)

I helped Matilda to clear up the dining table, I wished to help her with the rest in the kitchen but she insisted not too. So I went to the guest room and waited for John who promised to come and see me before he goes to bed in his own bedroom.

It was already late at night and I was tired, I changed to my white summer pajamas then went to the insuite bathroom as I washed my mouth then returned back to the bedroom.

Still wondering about what happened earlier.

I randomly removed the big pillows off the Fluffy bed which was covered with Grey and red bedroom suite, the curtains were in that color too, even the carpet on the floor had grey and red printing. I guess they were trying to conform, which they did.

I opened up the duvet and slipped in as I leaned my head on the headboard THINKING.

(Why did he look at me like that-)

"Come in" a knock on the door distracted my thoughts. Immediately after I heard that someone was at the door I raised my feminine voice letting the person in. It was John who was already in his silky red pajamas with his black and fluffy slip-on, he came in as he closed the door behind him, he wasn't looking happy at all.

He laid on the bed comfortable as he placed his hands behind his head, resting on them, he looked stressed. "Are you ok" I asked just to be certain.

"How can I, I'm not," he said staring at the white ceiling board but not for long before he turned his head to look at me next to him.

"I didn't mean to ask, it's just that I'm-

"Don't say Emily, I get it" before obtaining my speech he interrupted. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier, you know. my dad's scene, to be honest with you I don't know what's happening or what's happened, maybe I should have told them we were coming-" he said with a grim.

"But John that wouldn't make any difference, if your father doesn't like me, doesn't. Whether you told them or not it wouldn't change a thing" I muttered, he sighed heavily.

"I don't think my dad doesn't like you, Emily, besides why would you say that," he murmured as he leans on one angle facing me directly as he raised an eyebrow.

"Your dad doesn't like me, John, didn't you see the way he looked at me when I was coming down the stairs," I told with a frown. He shook his head trying to recall or remember his father's reaction when I was climbing down the stairs.

"No baby you're overthinking, I don't think so, my dad has no reason to do that, he doesn't know you he can't just not like you, he is not like that" he explained, shaking his head sideways attempting to convince me with his speech.

In a few minutes, after discussing and debating about his father liking or disliking me, I was already between his chest and arms resting as I felt my eyes slowly shutting.

And BANG I was slumbering.

******

I could hear the door being opened and slowly I opened my eyes, turning my body towards the door direction. And there he was with a lap tray of orange juice and something that smelled like fish fingers, MY FAVORITE, and more breakfast yummies.