He held the phone and frowned. What time was it now and she was still chatting happily with someone?!

“Boss, more and more people are throwing mud at Miss Xia. What should we do?”

Qiao Yu threw the phone to him and said coldly, “Isn’t she very capable? No need to worry about her.” As he spoke, he turned around and walked to the desk on the side.

Chen Hong’s eyebrows twitched. Why did he feel Boss was in a fit of pique?

That night when Boss came back, there was some mark of a slap on his face. He guessed it was related to Miss Xia. He had to admire her for having the nerve to slap Boss. But he was curious what Boss did to get slapped. He turned around and planned to leave.

“Go investigate who’s behind this.” The man’s voice sounded suddenly.

Chen Hong tilted his head to shoot a look at the man who was working in front of the desk, his eyes filled with shock. Boss was really patient with this Miss Xia.

***
Chapter 112: Pretence Became Reality?!

The attacks on the Internet became even worse.

Li Shanshan’s fans were like an army under Xia Ning’s and SE Entertainment’s official Weibo.

“A vicious woman like you should go to jail.”

“SE is not a good company either. Signing this bitch is like becoming a partner in crime in a murder.”

“My poor Shanshan almost got her face destroyed. Must take legal actions against this kind of criminal!”

Some fans even went directly to SE Entertainment’s building and threw eggs to protest. Photos were uploaded to the Internet.

When Lu Qing came in the morning, she saw Xia Ning sitting in front of the desk and browsing the Internet using her laptop. She was a bit upset and put her phone directly in front of Xia Ning. “Take a look at what on earth happened in the past day and night. President Zheng is furious and all the higher-ups in the company are not happy with you. And look at you, still surfing the Internet.”

“They want to shelf me?” Xia Ning looked over but her fingers were still tapping on the keyboard. After she finished the last word, she closed her laptop, walked to the couch and sat down.

Seeing Xia Ning’s unchanged face, Lu Qing was a bit speechless. She took back her phone and turned around. “Young Master Zheng is handling this. He asked me to tell you not to worry. He will take care of it. You just need to keep a low profile for a few days.”

“Ok.” Xia Ning replied coldly.

Her phone rang again. Xia Ning looked at the number on the screen and answered, “Hi Brother Zheng.”

“Sure, I know. Thanks, Brother Zheng for your concern.”

“Right, goodbye.”

Lu Qing saw Xia Ning hanging up and looked at her phone. “Was that Zheng Haodong?” She asked.

“Yes.” Xia Ning tossed her phone on the side and opened the bag from Lu Qing. She took out the boxes from the bag and saw the spicy peppers on top of the food. She frowned. “Can’t you just get me something light?”

“It’s good enough that you have something to eat. You’re so picky!” Lu Qing helped to open the boxes and asked, “Since when did you and Zheng Haodong become so close? Did pretense become reality and you said yes?”

“You are over-thinking.” Xia Ning picked up a good piece of meat and ate it with a frown. She could not help but say, “Lu Qing, I’m from S City and don’t like spicy food. Could you think about me before you order next time?”