Chapter 106-110

Start bij het begin

He definitely said that just to humiliate her. As if she wanted so much to be with him.

“Miss, may I ask, are you Xia Ning?” The taxi driver asked in a low voice.

Xia Ning contained her facial expression and looked to the man in the front. She said with a smile, “Really? Someone said I looked like her before.”

“Oh, really?” The driver replied and continued, “Were you having a fight with your boyfriend?”

Xia Ning wanted to say no but she was interrupted immediately.

The driver shook his head and sighed. “Nowadays, young people are very impulsive. Is there anything that cannot be discussed on the table?”

Xia Ning did not talk. Staring out of the window, her eyes were flashing with the changing of the lights. Her thoughts went away.

“I’ve signed the papers. You are free now. But I still want to ask you, have you ever loved me, even a little bit?”

“Do you think this is a meaningful question now?”

“Maybe all women are like this. Even if they can’t save the relationship, they still want to leave some trace in the other person’s heart. It was an abrupt question. I am very sorry to have caused you so much trouble in our marriage in the past year.”

“I didn’t find them to be troublesome.”

“Sure, I understand. I’ve never been in your heart. Nevertheless, lesson learned. Thank you.”

On that day, he cut all her concerns with his own hands. And after the desperation came her new life.

***
Chapter 108: Gao Yang's Clarification

The next morning, the news came out.

In the video, Gao Yang was surrounded by a lot of reporters on his way back to the hotel.

“Young Master Gao, are you in a relationship with actress Xia Ning? Some reporter took photos of you having dinner together!”

Gao Yang laughed. “If having dinner together means you have to be a couple, then I really have a lot of girlfriends.”

“So can Young Master Gao tell us what your relationship is with Xia Ning then?”

Gao Yang looked at the reporter in surprise. “Don’t you know that Xia Ning and I graduated from the same school?” He laughed. “I came to J City for business. I heard Xia Ning was filming here, so I took her out for dinner. Is that wrong? You media people are really getting into too many things.”

The Internet blew up immediately.

“Shoot, they were obviously just schoolmates. You reporters really need to find better things to do. Gossips!”

“Told you so. The two did not look right together.”

“Am I the only one who noticed that our Lemon graduated from Cambridge? Impressive!”

“Yeah yeah, so our Lemon is a straight-A student! Hey, teach me!”

Xia Ning and Gao Yang were doing nothing flirtatious in the leaked photos at all, and they left one after another. Plus Gao Yang’s explanation, the gossips were cleared very soon.

But Xia Ning’s Weibo comments came in like crazy. Many students came to ask for study tips and wanted to become a good student like her.

Xia Ning revealed her education background under the agency’s request. Graduating from a world-famous school was something to catch people’s eyes for an actress.