Chapter 26: Counterpart

Tatsumi's POV.

Are you kidding me?

How've come there were two Y/n's?! No..one of them is definitely a fake but, how could I manage to distinguish it? By the way Y/n's reaction earlier, she's also surprised like us but still keeping her coolness and try to adapt to the situation as possible.

Leise: ...The Revolutionary Army sent me here for you, General Y/n L/n.

Mine: What? The revolutionary army? Don't tell me..

Tatsumi: You're the one who accepts the assassination request for Y/n?

Leise didn't answer and readied her Twin balancer instead. They have the same cold shivering attitude as well..darn it.

Y/n: I don't care if you're here to kill me, all I can care about is my job.

Tatsumi: Why are you doing this Y/n? We are your allies, your friends! I thought you want peace and end the Empire's corruption?

Y/n: That was before..

Tatsumi: Are you saying that you're going to abandoned and kill all of your friends just like that? You're unbelievable!?

Y/n: ...

Leise: Enough this useless talk, times running by and I don't like to wasting it.

Y/n: I was going to say the same thing.

The Y/n and Leise readied their weapons and a moment of silence interferes before the two starts clashing with their imperial arms. I am still wearing Incursio's armor and protecting Mine from them.

As I saw Leise's handling the twin balancer and by the way she uses it, she's really like Y/n but Y/n is her opponent and using her shadows to deflect, dodge and attack the twin balancers bullets. My head's aching because of this mind blowing confusion, their movements, powers, strength and cold attitude were the same. They were like twins but I know one of them is not the real Y/n.

Akame: Tatsumi!

I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I heard Akame's voice. She also caught their attentions and Y/n suddenly teleports behind her and ready to impale her with her shadowed hand.

Tatsumi: AKAME, WATCH OUT?!

Before she impales Akame, Leise shows up and pull Akame closer on her before she point the twin balancer on Y/n and directly unleash a luminous lightning bullet on her. The whole area was surrounded by a binding flash of lightning. As soon as the light's slowly fading, we all both shocked once we saw Y/n. She's been sent a few distance away from them, her right shoulder is smoking out and her clothes were slightly tattered but she's still standing.

Leise: I won't let you hurt everyone, not in my watch.

Y/n: ...nice shot though half of it missed.

Leise: Don't worry, I will aim it into your crest next time.

Y/n: ...

Akame: Y-Y/n? Why is-

Leise let Akame go and protectively stood in front of her as she saw Y/n's gently dusting her damaged right shoulder.