Chapter 1

It was a long night after his...shift. He just wanted to sleep, he opened the front door. "Daddy you're home!" Such a familiar voice yelled, "What are you doing up so late?" Shota asked taking his mask off, "I wanted to wait for you." Eri said looking down at her feet, "It's fine let's go to bed, come on." He guided Eri to her room and tucked her into bed saying goodnight before heading to his own room. He closed his door and sighed pressing his back to the door, that was a mistake, he hissed and grabbed his shoulder. He went to his dirty mirror and got a glance at a large cut on his left shoulder he grunted and grabbed his first aid, at least it's not deep. He took off his shirt carefully and got to work aiding his wounds. He'd deal with his other small cuts tomorrow, but right now he just wanted to sleep. He removed his utility belt and other weapons from his pockets and put his weapons and mask in a secret storage he had cut in his closet.

Finally some sleep.

It had only been two hours before he was awoken by someone singing, very loud singing. He grumbled and sat up in bed. His body ached from last nights altercation with a hero. He dragged himself out of bed and got his only clean pair of sweatpants on and headed out to the kitchen making coffee for himself, it was too early for Eri to be awake.

After the coffee was made he grabbed a mug, a book, and headed to his balcony. The cool morning air felt nice for reading. He sat down at the plush pillows and blankets he had laid out for reading and napping. He usually one for romance, but this book had just enough suspense and drama that he actually enjoyed. "You don't seem like a guy for romance." A man said. He looked up his book glaring at the man, this was his loud neighbor. Though he had only seen him once, in a costume he could only assume he was a hero, the man was only wearing a towel leaning against his own balcony, "but then again you like you had a fun night considering the scratches." Shota made a choked noise, "What do you want." Shota countered, closing his book, "Oh, y'know the usual looking at the sunrise and looking at other things~" The man's voice going to a low pitch at the final word, Shota felt extremely exposed, "Can I go back to reading." Shota asked moving a pillow to his chest, "Oh you can, the names Hizashi Yamada or as many know me as Present mic." Yamada combed his fingers through his hair, the sun rays enlightening it. Shota grunted and took a gulp of his coffee, please just go away. Shota stifled a yawn and resumed reading the man still looking at him.

"You're not really a talker, are you?" Yamada finally said laying his head on his hand. Shota glared up at him and sighed closing his book once more, "No, I can see you are." Yamada smiled his small mustache raising and laughed, "I guess you're right. Being a pro-hero takes a lot of communication." Shota made a noncommittal sound in response, taking another gulp of his coffee.

"Daddy?" Eri said rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Shota looked at her walk towards him, "Good morning." Shota said kissing her forehead. Eri turning towards Yamada, "Hi Hizashi!" Shota furrowed his eyebrows, Hizashi waved, "She needed help opening something and I was outside at the time." Shota sighed, "Don't talk to strangers, last warning." Eri nodded say nothing and walking back inside. Shota grabbed his things and went inside.