4

"This is taking forever, I say one of us just takes Dakota home." Logan yawns, and slouches in the back seat of Derrick's car. We had just checked the first house on the list, and it unsurprisingly wasn't mine. I could immediately tell because the owner had two very small dogs playing with each other in the front yard.

"Take her home, she isn't a lost pet." Seth said, from the front passenger seat, she's currently looking at the map Zach gave her.

Do you guys think we'll get into trouble for ditching school?" I asked no one in particular, it's my first day, and the last thing I needed was to get into trouble.

"It's your first day, your fine. Us on the other hand, it's anybody's guess." Derrick said as he parked next to the curb. I glanced out the window to see yet another house that wasn't mine. I slumped back into my seat and wrapped my arms around myself, the windows were down and I was freezing.

"Guess this isn't it either." Seth said as look back into the passenger seat to see if the house looked familiar to me, she glances at me and reached over Derrick and placed a hand on his arm.

"Shit! Why are you so cold?" He said as he moved away from her and start to roll the windows up and turn on the car heater. Seth and Logan laughed at him, Derrick rolled his eyes at them, than pulls out Zach's list of possible addresses before starting the car again

Logan suddenly stopped laughing and looked around the car with widen eyes. "Guys, where the heck is Kasper?"

"He said, there was something he wanted to do earlier in the morning." Derrick said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Did he do it so he could talk to Atlanna?" Seth questioned, not looking away from the window.

"Yeah, pretty much." Derrick asked, as he pulled the car to a stop and faces her.  I looked out the window and to my relief it was my little brown house and one of the light is on, great. I wouldn't be waking anyone up.

"He needs to make a move, because  I heard Davis Burns is going to ask her to the welcome back school dance." Seth tells, while I have my hand hovering over the car handle, as to get out of the car. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation. I dug my nails into my hand, I'm feeling very  conflicted and don't know how to go about this.

"One who is Atlanna? Two I think this is Dakota's house." Logan says, glancing out the window as well as me, shooting me a small smile.

"Really?" Seth said, excitely but totally dropping her conversation with Derrick to look out of her window to my little house.

I took that as my cue to open the door.
"Yeah, this is me. Thank you guys so much for the ride moreover lunch." I said while I gathered my stuff together, and moved out of the car.

"No problem, make sure to write the third address on this sheet down in you phone." Derrick said, turning around in his seat so he could pass Zach's list to me. The list had the previous address that weren't mine crossed out.
"Will do!" I said with a smile. I shut the door behind me, I waved bye and quickly I headed for the front door.  It looked like someone was still awake by one of the lights still being on.  I quickly took a glance at my phone, that read 10 o'clock and then placed it back into my pocket. I placed my hand on the doorknob and tried to turn it, only for it to be lock, and for me to remember I didnt have a key yet.

I bit my lip, and looked at the doorbell, I didn't want to be a bother especially on the first day, however I didn't want to sleep outside in a new neighborhood where I haven't met any of the neighbors yet. I took a few step away from the door only to bump into someone.

I said "sorry!" As I jumped away from them and turned around and see everyone out of the car.

"No, sorry for sneaking up on you, we just wanted to make sure you got in safety." Seth said, like she was the one I bumped into rather than Derek.

"It's fine." I shrugged, "my family probably just left the light on, and I didn't really want to wake them up."

"That's nice of you, can't relate." Logan said, as he walked passed me and reached for the doorbell.

My eyes widen as the doorbell went off, and I looked at him in disbelief for a second.

"What?" Logan asked with a grin, and stepped away from the door.

"You know I could've just picked the lock right?" Derek said, as he looked at Logan with a small smile.

"Yeah, no what if they were on the other side of the door, and they just see you trying to break into they're home. Bam! Cops called." Seth says.

"Bad boys bad boys whatach want." Logan sang.

"Are you still-" Seth started to say something but she was cut off by my father answering the door.

"How many I help you at this hour?" He said in his usual tone of 'this better be important'

"Hi." I said in a tiny voice, I couldn't help myself, my voice just come out that way.

He looked at me, with an emotionless face, and opened the door more and than walked away.

I walked inside the house and turned back to everyone, "thank you so much for helping me locate my house." I said with a small laugh trying to make this embarrassing feeling go away.

"It's no problem." Seth said.

"We should probably go. Dakota remember to write your address down and check out which buses to take to and from school." Derek said like a concerned parent, and with a small smile he waved bye and started walking to his car.

"See you at school tomorrow." Logan said with a grin on his face.

I waved bye and closed the door, and heading upstairs, into my bedroom. I wanted to take a quick shower before going to bed.