Chapter 1

Tony Stark was having a party involving Pepper's birthday. It was a surprise party and all the Avengers and few SHIELD agents were invited, Brooke was included in on the invitation.

Brooke refused within the first week she received the invitation but Tony and Pepper talked her into coming. Tony said he'd make sure Happy kept Captain Rogers away from Brooke. They weren't allowed to see each other still.

Brooke was in a strapless, dark blue dress that was high in the front and low in the back. A pair of matching navy blue pumps finished the outfit. Brooke also wore the ring Captain Rogers had gotten for her.

Brooklyn was walking towards a group mixed with Maria Hill, Natasha Romanoff, Melinda May, Skye, and Bobbi Morse.

"Brooke! It's been years since I saw you!" Bobbi exclaimed, bringing Brooklyn in for a tight hug.

"It has been. Seven years almost?"

"That sounds about right." Bobbi sighed.

"You look great, Brooke." Skye complimented.

"Thank you, Agent Skye. I've missed the past two or three girl's night out. Who picked last week's occasion?" Brooke asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Nat did." May sighed.

"What was it?"

"Strip club." Maria replied.

"Oh goodness, Natasha. Does Clint know?" Brooklyn asked, looking to Natasha with a laugh.

"Nope. And there is no reason he needs to." Natasha chuckled, taking a gulp of her drink.

"Oh, Pepper! You look stunning, love!" Brooke looked up and down Pepper as she joined the group at the table.

"Thank you, Brooke. Its so wonderful to see you." Pepper hugged Brooke tightly, rubbing her shoulder as she did so. The groups became quiet after a few moments.

"Okay. I know we've all been wanting to know about this, so do not hate me, Brooklyn." Natasha gave her drink to the waiter to have him refill it before she looked back at Brooke. "We want to know when you will give up this cover to be with him."

The smile slowly faded from Brooklyn's face as she put her drink on the table.

"I don't plan on giving the cover up, Natasha. I think things are better the way they are now."

"Brooke. Quit lying to yourself, honey." Bobbi put her hand on Brooke's.

"We all know and see that you two have completely changed after splitting the way you did." Pepper said.

"Cap's not as active or happy at work anymore. On our last mission together, he was day dreaming about you while I was busy getting did of fifteen assault riffles and a bunch of small bombs." Natasha brushed a few strands of her curly, long red hair back.

"And you never let yourself have a break." Skye added.

"Yeah. You're always working or out with one of us so you don't have your mind free." Maria agreed.

"That's because if I allow myself to be free of anything. . . then I started to miss him more. And when I have things to do, the loneliness fades." Brooke had learned to open up more to the girls over the last two years.

"That's so sad though, Brooke." Skye spoke softly.

"My story's a one of sacrifice and loneliness. It may be sad, but its my life story." Brooke shrugged.

"Amen." Natasha raised her now full glass when the waiter out it on the table. "Isn't that the truth."

"Brooke!" Lance Hunter rushed over to the table, blocking Brooklyn's body from view. "Come on. Let's dance."

"What? Why?" Brooke asked, putting her drink down.

"Quit being a loser, Lance. Go find another girl to flirt with. She's my friend." Bobbi said.

"Well just so happens that she's my friend too and Mr. Captain America is on his way over to this table at this very instant." Lance whispered loudly. Brooke stood up and took Lance's hand, rushing through the crowd to get away from the table.

"That man is such a mess." Bobbi rubbed her eyes. Natasha- needing yet another drink- took Brooklyn's so Captain Rogers wouldn't know another girl was sitting at the table.

Maria and the other girls looked at Natasha with wide eyes as she poured Brooke's drink into her own glass.

"What? I'm disposing of the evidence she was here." Natasha shrugged. "Master assassin here. I know what I'm doing."

"Hey, ladies." Captain Rogers smiled, shyly, looking around the table.

"Hey, Steve. What's up?" Natasha asked.

"Nothing really." Steve sighed.

"Captain!" Bucky shouted, running up behind Steve. "Dude, you've got to see Stark and Rhodes try to pick up Thor's whack hammer."

"I'm busy, Buck. Go play with Sam."

"Whatever, Capsicle. You're a party loser." Bucky- in a partially drunken state- jogged back through the crowd.

"He seems happy." Skye chuckled.

"Is he single?" Bobbi asked, her eyes trailing on Bucky's body as he moved through the crowd. Natasha and Maria laughed at her while May rolled her eyes with a grin.

"Have you girls seen Brooke, by any chance?" Steve asked, hopefulness hinted in his voice.

"Sorry, Cap." Natasha shook her head.

"I haven't seen her either."

"Me too."

"Oh. Well. . . Come get me if you see her." Steve sighed before leaving the table.

"I feel so sorry for him. He misses her a lot." Skye said. The girls agreed, nodding their heads.

"He truly loves her." Bobbi nodded.

"Oh I feel so bad." Natasha mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"Because of Steve and Brooke?" Skye asked. Natasha shook her head.

"Because I need another drink."

Lol I find Natasha extremely hilarious in this chapter.

THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TO MY SECOND BOOK "ELECTRIC BLUE"!!

Please vote and comment!!!

And yes the story will be in third person for the whole book, there is a reason for it and you will find out further in the book.

And I just had to add Bobbi and Lance in this. They are epically amazing!

Love you guys!!

<3 Kacey <3