Chapter 15

After Brett and I got back together we only had five days until Christmas Break. Did those days fly by or what? We were all so busy getting our final projects in, finishing up missing papers, and planning Christmas Break. 

The last Friday before the break was there. Everyone was sitting in last period looking around the room then at the clock, staring at the clock, not taking their eyes off the clock. Some were tapping their foots as impatience dwelled over their bodies, some tapped their fingers. Everyone was so anxious for two-thirty to hit that clock, the bell would ring, and we could be like dove and fly away.

The bell rang at exactly two-thirty. Everybody jumped out of their seats, running fastly to the door as if a fire had just broke out in the school and they had to flee the school. Nobody really stayed at their lockers long, putting their stuff up neatly, they just threw their books in there and ran out of the door.

After school, since it was Friday I went over to Brett's house. As of lately Brett's parents had been home, it was weird and nice all at the same time. We would go back and fourth. During the week now we'd spend time at my house and during the weekend we would be at his house.

"I ordered Mexican food tonight for dinner." Brett's mother walked into the room.

We both nodded smiling. "Okay, thanks mom."

His mother walked further into the room. "So your father and I were talking and had an idea."

Brett gave me a look of displeasure. The look just said oh god a thought. "And that would be mother?" He chuckled.

She sat down on the arm rest. "We want Landen's family to join us for Christmas dinner."

Both Brett and I shot up instantly in shock after she said this. "W-what?" Brett stuttered.

"I think it would be nice for all of us to sit down as a family and get to know each other. His mom could help me in the kitchen, we could girl talk, and your fathers could do buisness chatter." She smiled.

"I'll ask my parents." I blurted out without even thinking.

"Great." She smiled and left the room.

Brett snapped his head at me. "Are you sure about that?"

"Well not completely, I wasn't thinking, but it would be nice." I shyly stated.

"If that's what you want, then we can try and do it." Brett understandably said.

After that night I went home and walked into my house. "Mom. Dad?" I called out.

"In the living room." My Dad yelled out.

I steadily walked to my living room, where my parents were sitting watching the television. They were right beside each other in their pajamas. My Dad had his arm wrapped around my mothers neck, and her arm wrapped waist.

I stood in the door frame. They both looked at me. "What's up honey?" My mother asked.

"So I was asked to ask you guys something to do." I said looking down at my feet.

My father pointed at our recliner, telling me to sit. I followed his order and walked over to the huge green chair. I sat down gently and looked at them. My parents fixed themselves up, like I was going to ask them something horrible. I know I kind of made it that way, but it wasn't.

"So Brett's parents want us over for Christmas Dinner." I shrugged.

My parents lips were pierced together as they looked at each other, they both turned back to face me. "We'd be happy to go." My father said.