Chapter 5: Unexpected Feelings

Luigi's POV:

After breakfast, I wanted to watch some TV, since I couldn't really go anywhere. King Boo carried me to the living room, and placed me down on the couch.

Even though there was barely any pressure on my leg, it still hurt and made me to groan in pain.

King Boo did his best to help me to be comfortable. Once we got settled, I started to flip the channels, to see what's on.

We ended up on a romantic comedy show, called "Goomba and Troopa." It was really strange to me to see Bowser's minions have their own shows. But King Boo didn't seem he was bothered from it.

It was an hour special, and alot of strange funny stuff happened in the show. But at the end, Kevin, the Goomba, and Koopy, the Koopa Troopa, finally got together.

I was wondering when they'll get married in the show. And oh boy, I was fanboying insanely. King Boo saw me.

King Boo's POV:

I noticed that Luigi was fanboying at the end of the special. I didn't know that he watches this show, too, I thought to myself. "So you like this show?" I asked him.

He had a sudden realization moment. "O-oh.. Y-yeah.."

"Heh. I do, too." "Really?" "Yes." Even though we're different, we never thought we'd have something in common.

Lunch time has come. I asked Luigi what he'd like for lunch. He told me, "Maybe a.. cheeseburger." Guess he was so hooked on the ghost hunting show, he never thought of food.

"Okay. Stay here. I'll be back. If you need anything, call me. I'll be in kitchen." "Okay, King Boo."

I went into the kitchen to cook. Yes, I know how to cook. Living in a mansion gets boring if you're a ghost. So I tried cooking, because I was bored. I've noticed from my early tries of cooking that it's easier to cook in my human form.

Afterwards, I delivered the cheeseburger to Luigi. I was still in my human form, but I didn't care.

Luigi's POV:

Some time has passed and King Boo came back from the kitchen. I noticed that he looked different.

I never noticed that my face was getting hotter as each minute pass. "Woah. King Boo? Is that you?" I asked him. "Oh yeah. I forgot that I'm still in my human form." Human form? I thought to myself. More like hot form.

I ate the cheeseburger that he cooked for me. And I was really surprised how good it actually was. "Wow you know how to cook?" "Yes. I actually started to cook way while back, because I was bored."

"Oh. Well it's still good." His face lit up to bright pinkish shade. "Thank you."

Mario's POV:

I was spying on them on my lunch break. Are they hitting on each other?! I wondered. I want my brother to be happy, but he's still King Boo! I don't want him to be hurt.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize how long I was standing in front of the window. Luigi saw me. He pointed me out to King Boo. They said somethings to each other, but I couldn't make out what.

The next thing I know was that King Boo was front of me. He opened the window. "We thought you were at work," he told me. "I'm on lunch break. I decided to check on you two." Mainly Luigi.

"Hmm. Alright then. But you don't have to spy on us like a creep." Did he just called me a creep?! "Oh I just remembered. Did you even have lunch yet?"

"No...? Why?" I asked. "Because I made cheeseburgers. Luigi liked them. Want one?" "Wait you cook?" "Yes, because I was bored. Way while back." "Oh umm..."

I felt my stomach growling. I haven't have lunch yet. "So do you want one?" "Sure... Thanks." King Boo seemed happy when he heard my answer. He gave me a plate with the cheeseburger on it.

I tried a bite. And it was delicious.

Afterwards, I thanked him for the cheeseburger, told him to tell Luigi that I said "hi", and left back to work.

Luigi's POV:

"Hey, King Boo." "Hey, Luigi. Mario said hi. He's going back to work." "What did he wanted?" "He was "checking" on us. To me, it seems like he was spying on us."

"Oh that's Mario. He checks on me alot actually." I remembered that I have to apologise to him for not being able to keep that promise last night.

King Boo looked at me, with a worry face on. "Are you okay, Luigi? Well, other than your leg?"

I told him about the promise. "Oh. Don't worry, Luigi. It wasn't your fault. Neither of us saw it coming."

I hugged King Boo and cried in his chest. He hugged me back and I felt him petting my hair.

King Boo's POV:

He cried for 2 hours. Jeez, I know that he acts like Baby Luigi sometimes, but I didn't know he has that much of liquid in him. I noticed that he was calming down, falling asleep on me, actually.

I turned off the TV and carried Luigi like a princess to his bedroom.

I tried to place him gently on his bed, but he refused to let go of me in his sleep. So, I got on Luigi's bed and let him to lay on me.

He's so cute, I thought. I felt my face getting slightly hot. I didn't know why...