15: Hopefully (Part One)

Start from the beginning

All I know was he wasn't going to give an addict, and two attempted murderers that much money. God knows if he does, they may not ever stop doing horrible things. These women obviously don't know boundaries and any of us could be in danger next.

Fuck the story for right now, we just needed to fix this situation first and foremost and get Royalty back.

Eleanor (Ella) Winston

I pressed send on the message and took a deep breath. I hated all of this so much. I hate I even got involved in any of this. I was supposed to just make sure Luna didn't go blabbing about what was going on to the press, but we were way beyond that.

I'd do anything for my mom, but she had lost her damn mind getting involved with Nia. What type of mother stages a kidnapping of their own child to extort money from the father? She couldn't just ask him for more child support?

I looked at Royalty and gave her a reassuring smile, but she continued to cry. I hated it. 

"It's okay, your dad is on the way to get you in a couple hours okay?" She nodded, but I know she didn't believe me. I looked around for my mom, but didn't see her.

I called out for her, but got no reply. I swallowed my pride and pulled out my phone. "Were gonna get you out of here, okay?" Royalty just looked at me as I dialed a number. It rang three times before he picked up. 

"I just know this is not who I think."

"Kendall, please." I sighed. "I need your help, it's important." 

I heard him scoff from the other end. "You shot my cousin and she almost died. She's lost her job and some of her sanity. I would never help you."

"It's about Royalty!" I hollered before he had a chance to hang up. "My mom and Nia made me kidnap her to extort money out of Chris and to scare Luna into not selling the story, but I don't care. I just want this to be over. Please, help me?"

I heard silence for a while, then he sighed. "Tell me what to do, bald head."

*

"Mom, I need to go feed the little girl at least." She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "If it was up to me, the little rat wouldn't eat. And do you know what people would say if they saw her at a McDonald's? They'd know something was wrong. Think, sometimes."

I shook my head. "Chris is on the way with the money later tonight. We promised she'd be in good shape." I saw her ponder then she reluctantly nodded. "Hurry back, please, Ella. I need someone to go keep an eye on that druggie, Nia." I agreed then hurriedly picked up Royalty.

I made sure to snatch her backpack and ran to my Prius parked outside the warehouse. Little did she know, neither Royalty or myself were coming back. 

"Ella, wait!" I heard Mom yell behind me. I silently cursed to myself before turning around and answering her. "Yes?"

"Look. That tattletale went to the Press anyway." She showed me her phone which was on the The Shade Room's Instagram page. 

ROYALTY BROWN REPORTED MISSING. 

I tried to contain my smirk before handing her back the phone. "Tell Chris it's full million now." I said as coldly as I could before strapping Royalty in the car and getting in myself. 

Everything was going fine and according to plan so far.

Luna Livingston

Chris, Kendall, and myself were riding down the road unsure of the exact location. Kendall was driving, and while I didn't agree with this plan, neither of us told Chris because he would just react without thinking rationally.

"I got 2 hours to get this money to these bitches so I can get my daughter back and ya'll wanna go on a joyride." He muttered from the backseat. He'd been crabby the whole day and with good reason, but damn. I was about to snap.

"I told you we have everything under control, babe. Were gonna get her back."

"Are we?!" He yelled, louder than I'd anticipated. "You done wrote a whole fucking tell-all and now I'm positive I'll never..."

"Don't say things like that, bro." Kendall stopped him. I saw Chris roll his eyes in the mirror. "Yeah, okay." He cursed under his breath and Kendall began to go off.

"Hold it bitch! Don't curse at me, I'm trying to get your daughter back! Be fucking grateful!"

They began to bicker back and forth until we arrived at the location.

"Where the hell we at? You can't even damn drive! Got us lost and shit." Chris sneered. I got out the car and left them inside. Was that a good idea? No. But I did it anyway.

I saw her bald head sitting in the car and my PTSD as well as my anger issues began to skyrocket. 

I kept seeing the gun she pulled on me in my head.

I kept seeing her pull my portfolio out her crossbody bag and wave it in my face.

I kept hearing her say she couldn't give the portfolio to a dead girl and proceeded to shoot me twice. 

I had to stop thinking and walking, stopping dead in my tracks. I could barely breathe, but I had to get Royalty back for Chris.

And for myself, her mother was about to go to jail for conspiracy and she would probably need a female to look up to. Yes, I make irrational decisions from time to time, but I'm not on drugs and I don't try to kill people, or extort money from people, so I think I'm okay.

I don't know who will want to hire me once this story is front and center tomorrow morning,or if I would follow through with the comic strip idea. 

Whatever happens, hopefully this is the last day I have to endure this shit. Hopefully today all of this ends. 

Hopefully.

I released the breath I did not know I was holding and knocked on her car window. She let it down and I saw Royalty asleep in the backseat, clutching her unicorn backpack.

"Do you have the plane ticket?" She spoke through her gap.

In exchange for her helping us, I bought her a plane ticket to get the hell out of the state so if her mother ever got of jail, she wouldn't find her. 

"Royalty, first." I said, coldly. I could barely look at her without wanting to slap her. She unlocked the door and I grabbed her, holding her close. She was so warm.

Once I'd successfully gotten her out the car, I took the ticket and slapped Ella across the face with it. I made sure it stung too.

"I probably deserved that." I didn't even reply, I just began to walk back to Kendall's car. Chris ended up beating me to the punch and jumped out the vehicle.

"RORO!" He screamed like a little kid, pulling her and I both in a firm hug. "This can't be serious." He rocked us back and forth, and Royalty woke up. "Daddy! Luna!" She cried. I could tell she'd been crying due to her puffy eyes.

I sighed and walked back to the car to let them have their moment. Hopefully this was the end of all of this.