True Mates, Bad Dates, There is no Debate! By TimeWindow

Description: True mates don't let true mates walk out mad. That is the rule of thumb. But what happens when someone does? Stiles and Derek were childhood sweethearts, attached since day one. But one fight has them ripped away from each other, but maybe fate can bring them back together.

The girl twirls her hair around her finger mindlessly, eyes distant and barely listening to Stiles talk. Stiles continues to ramble on, despite knowing the date was going badly. They are about 30 minutes in, and yet there were already a few empty cups dusting the table. Stiles could just feel the slight tipsiness, and hear the subtle buzzing.

A sigh of relief escaped Stiles’ mouth when he saw the waiter with their food. The girl seemed to have a similar idea, sitting a little straighter in preparation to eat. Stiles thinks there was probably no two people more excited to stuff their mouths full and avoid conversation.

In the back of Stiles’ mind, he curses Lydia for sitting up this blind date with her Sorority roommate.

“Stiles you need to get back in the dating game.”

“No I don’t, I am perfectly happy being alone.” Lydia moves to sit next to Stiles, draping her arm around Stiles.

“Stiles, it has been years, you have to let it go.” Stiles pouted, because the rational part of him knows Lydia is right. It has been years. “Plus, how much better to forget, than have some fun with a crazy, smart, beautiful Delta Gamma Pi girl?” Lydia singed in Stiles’ silence. Stiles just nodded. Resigned.

So here he was, on the worse date ever.

The waiter placed their meals down onto the table. Stiles scowls at the dish presented.

“Ummm, I didn’t order this” The waiter looked panicked for a second, then composes himself.

“What is wrong, sir?”

“I didn’t order this. I got the burger.... this has eggplant and is in no way shaped like a burger.” Stiles was tempted to add he was allergic to anything vegetable like, but he felt his date would not appreciate such a joke, considering she ordered a salad. The waiter clears his voice trying to expand time as he tried to think of what to do in this situation.

“I will be right back.” The waiter finally said and then dashed off towards the kitchen. It was quiet for a moment, as he heard his date smack her mouth while eating her food. How rude...

The waiter returned a couple minutes later, with a distorted expression.

“Sorry sir, we accidently gave your dish to someone else, and well we don’t have anymore patties left to make you another.” The waiter bowed his head, shuffling his feet. Stiles really couldn’t think how this date could get worse.

“Well, I am full. I will just leave now, I trust you can pay the bill?” Oh how Stiles was wrong. This girl.... Stiles sighed heavily, before speaking. He turned to his date, put on a massive fake smile and stood up with open arms.

“It was nice meeting you.” Stiles said through his teeth. He went in for a hug, but the girl must have thought he was going for something less innocent, as she swung her clutch into Stiles’ jaw with an exclamation of “jerk:, and with a huff stalked towards the exit. Stiles rubbed his jaw a few times, before turning back to the waiter.

“Where was my burger sent to?” The waiter hesitated for a second, before proceeding to tell Stiles and point him in the right direction. Stiles dismissed the waiter with a flick of his wrist, before getting up with his horrible eggplant dish.

He walked all the way to the table, when he saw a familiar face. Talia Hale. She must have seen Stiles too, because she waved in his direction. Stiles quickly looked around him to see if he was mistaken, but there was no one else surrounding him, but busy waiters, bustling around. When he looked back at Talia, a young man turned in his seat and looked in Stiles’ direction.