Chapter 54 Backhanded, Mrs. Qin Was Forced To Yield

Começar do início

“Why did you have to hit me, Second Miss Qin? Your maid was the one who collided into me on purpose, how can you hit me?” Xi Huan exclaimed, feeling unjustified. She was obviously not afraid of Second Miss Qin, because Elder Miss Qin had assured her that she would back her up if anything happened. Moreover, Mrs. Qin was also present so she assumed Second Miss Qin could nothing to her.

Thinking that she had support from Elder Miss Qin and Mrs. Qin, she spoke even louder.

“Again, Nanny Yu!” said Qin Wanru, smiling coldly.

No one had expected Qin Wanru to give this instruction again, and Xi Huan was given another two tight slaps.

“Second Miss Qin, you… why did you hit me again? Base on what reason do you hit me? Are you looking down on Elder Miss Qin’s servants so much so you have to torment me?”

Xi Huan had lost it as she felt great pain on her cheeks and her ears were buzzing. Staring angrily at Qin Wanru, she wished she could scratch Qin Wanru’s face.

“Mother, is this so-called the maid who knows and adheres to the rules of this house, a maid who had been through training and had been serving in this household for a long time?”

Qin Wanru said coldly, directing her words at Mrs. Qin.

Mrs. Qin’s face fell when she did not react fast enough to stop Qin Wanru. She was about to chide her when she heard Qin Wanru’s words and quickly restrained herself. This resulted in her feeling breathless as if there was air trapped in her chest.

What a difficult girl to deal with.

“Madam, will you judge fairly for me? Second Miss Qin should not ask Nanny Zhou to hit me. Base on what reason did she have the right to? I am Elder Miss Qin’s maid. Elder Miss Qin should be the one to discipline me if necessary. How could Second Miss Qin discipline me in front of Madam?” said Qi Huan furiously.

Initially, Xi Huan thought this was going to be an easy matter for her to settle, at the same time, gain the favor of Madam and Elder Miss Qin. She did not expect that not only was she not able to settle the matter, but she was also even punished by Second Miss Qin. She could not swallow the humiliation.

“Mother, from the way the maid addressed herself as ‘me’, it is clear that she doesn’t treat me as one of the mistresses in this household,” said Qin Wanru in a calm manner, as she pointed out Xi Huan’s rude use of words.

Qin Wanru had long been aware that Qin Yuru’s maids looked down on her and had never behaved respectfully towards her. With a little bit of provocation, they would show their true colors towards her.

With this statement made by Qin Wanru, there was no way Mrs. Qin could help Xi Huan even if she wanted to. In that instant, Mrs. Qin’s face looked ashen.

Nanny Zhou, who knew Mrs. Qin’s heart best instructed an old maid nearby, saying, “Get someone to bring her away and send her to Old Maid Ya.”

Xi Huan was stunned for a moment when she heard Nanny Zhou’s words and was unable to react. When Elder Miss Qin instructed her to bump into Qin Wanru’s maid, she did not mention that this would happen.

Was this just an act, or was it real?

“Since this maid was the one who didn’t know the protocol, we have to send her away, while I’m going to keep my maid!” said Qin Wanru.

Qin Wanru’s words made something snap in Xi Huan’s mind. As she struggled to break free, she turned to Mrs. Qin and said, “Madam, Elder Miss Qin had instructed me to collide with Second Miss Qin’s maid. Elder Miss Qin promised that I won’t get into any trouble…”