🌠Black Smoke Pt.1🌠

Cassie's POV

I was finally back at the Greenhouse and this time I think I'm staying for a while.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you, Hayley Woods and Cassie Copeland" Leo said as entered the clubhouse.

"Stop your embarrassing us" I said as the rest of the Ravens cheered.

"Good job on bringing them back." Jackie praised

"We barely did anything. These two practically jumped in the car" Winnie said.

" We certainly did not" Hayley objected.

"It most definitely. I've never seen some pack a bag so quickly. They were practically waiting at the window for us" Leo said.

"While I would love to stay around and talk. This girl's got a game to run." I said rushing out of the clubhouse into the gym.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran down to the gym. Which probably wasn't the best thing to do considering that my chest felt like it was on fire afterward and it wasn't just because of exercise

"Louis, I'm back!" I shouted at the greenhouse headmaster which signaled him to cover to me.

"Well, Cassie. I'm surprised to see you back so quickly. I thought you would have at least waited until tomorrow to make your return." he said with a smile.

"I knew that ..... you... would.. not be able... to run this ... game without me" I said suddenly feeling like my chest was on fire. Louis immediately noticed and placed a hand on my shoulder concerningly.

"Are you okay Cassie? You look a little pale" he asked. " Oh know.. I'm fine. Just a little tickle in my throat. I'm going to go get some water. You don't want to miss the start of the game" I pointed trying to get all the attention off of me.

It seemed to work as Louis walked away not before giving me a suspicious glance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yay" I cheered as the Eagles made another basket before quickly returning to coughing. That's when Alex walked over to me.

"Hey" he said

"Hi. Nice job out there" I congratulated him. We had texted when I was back home and made up after our fight.

"Are you okay? I saw you coughing out there" he asked.

"I'm fine. You might wanna go check on Daniel, he looks lighter than me." I said, once again trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm watching you Copeland." Alex shouted out before going back out, to which I replied with a laugh and a thumbs up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the last 40 minutes that the game continued on. I had continued to feel worse and worse. I thought that maybe it was because I had been running around during halftime, trying to make sure that everything was ready for the second half of the game. But by the look on my face and how I was finding it to breathe after a while. I was starting to get the sense that something was wrong and I think that Louis was getting that idea too.

"Cassie, are you sure that you're alright. I think that I'm more than capable to run this game by myself." he tried to persuade me.

"NO! It's my responsibility as event manager to make sure that all of the Greenhouse events are running smoothly! I have to stick out" I protested.