Meeting

It didn't take long for Ben to find a road in the desert. He had decided to walk through the desert for the night. It was cold for an earth night but Ben felt with worse on other alien planets. Like the Necrofriggian home planet kylmyys. The entire planet is covered in glaciers, ice, and heavy, heavy, heavy snow. So the cold desert was like a nice cool breeze to Ben. Soon he saw a car coming down the road heading the same direction Ben was going. Turning to it he walked backwards while holding out his thumb in a attempt to hitch a ride. As the car got closer Ben saw that it was a old pick up truck. What surprised him was that it was two girls in the cab.

***

Kara Kent wasn't your average girl and neither was her 'twin' sister carol. They may look like two blonde haired, blue eyed, and beautiful young women in their early twenties, but these two girls had enough power to destroy an entire countries army single handedly. They were two of the last known kryptonians in the galaxy. Kara zor-el and carol zor-el. Kara was sent off planet at the age of 12 just before her planet blew up. Her parents had told her to watch over her little cousin Kal. However ever since her arrival on earth she has found the situation to be the other way around. Apparently her ship had flown through some sort of time anomaly that spit her back out 22 years later. By then her cousin was a full grown adult and was 10 years older then her. Kara spent most of her life with her cousins adopted family and even took their name. As for carol, well she had special circumstances. Carol wasn't actually her 'twin', she was Kara's clone. Created by Cadmus so that if Kara or her cousin Clark ever turned to the dark side the earth had a protector. However carol wasn't the nicest person nor the most compliant soldier. Unlike Kara who was nice, caring, affectionate, and all around lovable. Carol had been irritable, vulgar, coarse, unruly, and very violent. While she was in Cadmus she would have fits of outrage, disobey orders, left destruction in her wake, and would do anything to get the advantage. Anything. That was 6 years ago though. Now she's mellowed our. She could still be intense and irritable, but now she had better control of her anger and cared about people more then before. Right now Kara and carol were on their way home from a trip to Los Angeles. now normally they could just fly there and be there in seconds but Kara thought it would be a good idea to drive from smallville Kansas to Los Angeles, California. She thought that her and carol needed a vacation and this would give some real bonding time for the too. So pa Kent, Clark's adoptive father let them borrow his truck for there trip. As they drove in the night Kara saw two shooting stars.

"Carol Look shooting stars!" Kara said. Carol looked at them uninterested.

"So?" She asked without a care.

"Make a wish! There's even two one for both of us!" She said. Kara then made a wish. Carol rolled her eyes and sighed before she made one just to make Kara happy. "What did you wish for?" Kara asked.

"Isn't the first rule of wish making not tell what your wish is?" Carol asked.

"Boo! That's no fun." She said. Kara then continued to drive along the road. As they did a man could be seen further down the road with his arm out and thumb up to ask for a ride. Using her enhanced eye sight she could see him plan as day in the dark desert night. He had brown hair, green eyes, had a scrawny body, wore a green jacket with a white stripe and a 10 on the left side of his jacket. He looked decent enough. Seemed like he was just needing a ride. Kara decided to slow down.

"Kara What are you doing?" Carol asked seemingly hesitant on wether or not they should help him.

"Come on carol. He looks harmless. Besides what could he possibly do to two kryptonians?" Kara said. Carol thought about her sisters words and sighed.