o17. homecoming, part 1.

✧*:・

✧*:・

DAYS flew by faster than rosie could count, and before anyone knew it, it was the night of homecoming. tensions were high, nerves were building, and hormones were flying.

a needle clasped inbetween her teeth, rosie was making a few finishing touches to her dress. her hair and makeup was ready, and she even had time to help serena with hers. her apartment reeked of hairspray and body mists by the time the pair was finished.

"you look great." rosie panted to serena, pulling her own dress up over her chest. serena smiled at rosie. the brunette was wearing a maroon velvet blazer, accompanied with matching pants and a black lace tank. her hair was curled loosely, as suppose to her usual tight curls.

"and you look adorable." serena said to rosie, who shot her a quick smile as she brushed hair out of her face. quickly checking the time, rosie plopped herself down onto her bed and put on her heels, the layers of tulle on her dress blocking her vision. "we've got-" she began, before reaching down for her other heel. "exactly fifteen minutes to get there."

serena shot her a quick thumbs up, leaning back against her vanity. "do you know when ned will arrive?" she asked. "any minute now." rosie said, puffing her cheeks out in stress. she hated social settings, and homecoming was something she's been dreading for months. however, she knew it meant a whole lot for both liz and ned, so like any good friend would, she put on her happy face and sucked up all her emotions, keeping them locked away inside. that is what good friends do, right?

"this night is going to be a disaster. i can feel it." she whined, sitting anxiously on her bed. "you're just saying that cause you're nervous," serena said. "you're going to a homecoming dance with ned leeds and you look adorable. nothing can possibly go wrong."

"firstly, thank you," rosie said, shutting her eyes and laying back onto her freshly washed sheets. "secondly, i've just been feeling off lately. about queens, about everyone. i feel like something bad is brewing up." serena sighed, tilting her head at rosie. she watched as her blonde friend lay scattered on her bed, her curly hair spread across the duvet and her face, layers upon layers of tulle hugging her body. "you're freaking yourself out for no reason."

"things have been weird though, haven't they? i mean.. me and peter hearing explosives, spider-man at liz's party, the elevator incident.. even peter's been acting off lately. and i don't think it's because of the stark internship." she said. "doesn't peter always act a little off, though?" serena asked.

"so? even more reason to think something is up." rosie said. serena shook her head at her in dismay. it wasn't uncommon for rosie to stress herself out over minor inconveniences, the brunette was more than used to it. rosie was a conspiracist, and a small part of her brain constantly felt like the world was against her. or maybe a large part of her brain.