o14. are you crushing on spiderman?

✧*:・

✧*:・

"HERE, fold your middle finger downwards. like that. and you've got to hold your arm as straight as you can, otherwise it'll go everywhere and you'll lose control. okay?" peter said, his arm on the outside of rosie's, his chest pressed against her back.

"i'm scared!" rosie retorted, jumping up on the spot lightly. the wind blew across her hair, the moon giving them just enough light to where they could see each others faces, and the brick wall of the back of their apartment building. "why?" peter chuckled, sniffling in lightly, the crisp coldness making his nose and cheeks red.

"i don't know," she whined. "what if it gets on me? or what if it like..... explodes." she said. peter shook his head. "it won't explode." "how do you know?" rosie asked, glancing up at him, their faces closer than they've probably ever been before. "because i made it." peter said proudly, the corner of his lip curling upwards.

the air smelt like rain and rosie's coconut body mist. peter's grip on the outside of her arm tightened, and chills crawled up peters spine as he felt her body tense up beneath him, butterflies twirling in his stomach. they were in hers too, but he didn't know that. his heart beat so fast he was afraid rosie could feel it against her back.

instead what she felt on her back was peters warmth, engulfing her in the cold night. she longed for more of it, although she would never admit that. she felt his breathe just lightly against the side of her neck, and she felt it get more rapid the longer they stood there, almost as if peter was growing nervous. this was probably the most silent they've been all night, neither of them saying anything. it was almost as if their bodies were having a conversation that they were unaware of, their brains uselessly zoning out and enjoying the moment while it lasted.

rosie panicked slightly at the sudden tension between them, and more importantly, the feelings she was getting inside her body. quickly, she pressed the button on the palm of her hand. a large web shot out, pulling the two of them about half a foot forward, latching itself tightly onto the brick wall in front of them. rosie's mouth gaped open. "i did it!"

"you did it!" peter exclaimed, raising his arms in the air and cheering for rosie. rosie jumped up and down in excitement, turning around to face peter. "that was awesome!" she said, and peter laughed at her excitement. she walked over to the brick wall, admiring the large webbing that was displayed across it. she held her finger out, touching the string. it stuck onto her finger and pulled out like melted cheese, just like it did on the night she had met spider-man.

she rubbed it off on her sweater and turned around to face peter. "how'd you make it?" she asked, her face full of admiration. peter, his hands shoved in his pockets, merely shrugged. "i just, like, did a lot of research. and ned helped too." he said. rosie looked back up at it. "have you ever... have you ever felt the real web?" she asked.