Chapter eighteen

Jughead pulled Betty close to his body when he felt her return under the covers. "Where were you?" he murmured tiredly.

"I just got a glass of water," she giggled as he kissed her all over her face, eyes still closed. "You're a baby."

"No," he murmured, his nose snuggling into her soft blonde hair. "You're a baby. My baby."

"Your girlfriend you mean?" Betty smirked as he opened his one eye.

"My baby," he whispered, kissing the place on her head that his lips touched.

"Do your friends know you like to cuddle and take care of people?" she asked quietly, her hand slipping into his hair casually. "I mean... I could walk to Toni's trailer right the hell now."

"You better shut up about it," he said, looking at her face on his chest.

"What if I don't?" she teased.

"I'll make sure you won't be able to walk for a while," he whispered in a teasing tone, his warm hand sliding up her thigh, towards her damp panties.

"Stop it," she giggled, pushing it away and making her chuckle. The blonde buried her face into his bare chest. "I'm sore. It was my first time y'know."

"I know," he whispered, kissing her ear tenderly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Betty woke up an hour later in his bed, alone. A smile formed on her face, feeling the smell of a breakfast being made. She slid her feet out of the bed, smirking at the socks on her feet he didn't have the time to remove last night. She was only in her panties and his yesterday's shirt, but it was kind of cold in the trailer as she walked towards the small kitchen.

"Hey Betts," Jug smiled in front of the stove, standing there in a fresh t-shirt and some grey sweatpants.

"Morning," she said, kissing his cheek as she passed him only to stop on the other side of the stove, leaning onto the counter. "What're you making?"

"Pancakes," he smiled, flipping one over.

"Is there any bacon?"

"There's always some bacon," he smirked, winking at her.

Betty giggled into the kiss and pulled away a little, her hands cupping his cheeks. "Are you trying to flirt me through food?"

"Is that working?"

"Maybe," she chuckled and let him kiss her again, his hands gripping her waist as he lifted her to sit on the counter. He gave her another short kiss before returning to the pancakes, adding the first one onto an empty plate, and poured enough pancake mix on the pan for another one.

"Can I help you somehow?" Betty asked.

"No, just sit here and be pretty," he said softly, making her blush as she looked at her bare legs. "Or," he smirked, his hand resting on her thigh suddenly. "You could..."

Betty stopped his hand just before his fingertips could brush against her pastel blue panties. "Stop it," she whispered with a warning voice, pushing his hand off and crossing her legs. "I'm turned on, but I can't even sit normally right now."

"Sorry," he frowned. "I didn't want to—"

"It's fine," she sighed. "Just wait a few days or... a few hours."

A small smirk appeared on his face, just like it did on hers. "Cute socks," he said, his eyes suddenly admiring the bunnies on them. "Where were they in your heels yesterday?"