7| Popping A Kids Balloon

Reagan felt guilty. Which was an odd feeling for her because it had been a long time since she felt that emotion. It was the first time she felt it towards Lloyd Garmadon. That said a lot.

Reagan felt memories slowly rouse.

Freshman year,

Lloyd had just walked into the classroom.

"Look! That's the kid, his dad is evil!"

"I wonder if he has fangs!"

"Garmadon just destroyed my parents pizza place. It's all his fault."

"All his fault."

"His fault."
****
Camping in Ying Woods,

"Lloyd needs a partner for the scavenger hunt." The instructor called, but he had moved a good two metres from the kid.

Everyone scattered. "I bet he's going to cheat!"

"I hope he gets disqualified!"

"Quick grab his sheet! We can tell them he lost it and can't participate!"

Sixteenth birthday,

"His dad ruins everything."

"Look it's Garmadork and the dork squad!"

"L-L-O-L-D! His dad is bad and so is he, Boo Lloyd! Boo Lloyd!"

Reagan remembered all the times he sat alone at lunch before he found a crowd. All the projects he did alone when they weren't in his class. All the times he'd been bullied just because of who his father was. Yet he still fought for Ninjago, he still protected the ones who treated him so unfairly. He saved Reagan even though she hated him and made it abundant clear. He even gave her a place to stay. He'd done all these things for her. But she had just thrown that in his face. She never realized how much pain words could be.

*****

Reagan had found him on a boat. It was a magnificent ship, with tall sails, but she didn't understand what was so important about it. Reagan moved carefully along the long dock. She didn't feel like taking a dip. She made it to the boat and found Lloyd talking to an old man. He had a white robe and golden rice hat. In his hand was a staff. At first Reagan thighs he was a wizard because of his long white beard and moustache.

Reagan hesitated at the edge of the dock. Their conversation looked important.

The man turned. "I think this lovely lady has something to say to you Lloyd." He turned. He wore his black and green ninja suit, his mask down. His green eyes seemed to darken when he saw her. The man knocked him in the head with his staff.

"I will see you later, next time bring the noodles." He began to play the staff like a wood wind instrument down the dock.

"Bye Uncle Wu." Lloyd sighed.

"Is he playing 'Kiss The Girl' from the little mermaid?" Reagan asked.

Lloyd didn't reply. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"I...." Reagan tried to think of what to say. A simple 'sorry' didn't seem to cut it. "Sorry." She burst out. She mentally face palmed.

"For what? For all I know your apologizing for popping some kids balloon." Lloyd turned and leaned against the side of the boat. Reagan came and joined him. His arms were crossed and resting on the edge.