4| Frenemies?

Reagan woke to a ringtone of The Weekend Whip by the fold blaring through the room.

"Jump up, kick back, whip around and spiiiiiinnnnnn!" It screeched. She heard Lloyd groan and slam his hand on the screen.

"What is it?" He yawned. He listened for a moment before muttering something indecipherable and hanging up.

Reagan got up and hopped off the bed. "OW!" Lloyd grunted as her foot connected with his stomach.

"Sorry!" She quickly stepped off. Reagan shuffled back a bit as he clutched his abdomen and sat up. "Who was that on the phone?"

"Just Jay." He said, getting up.

Reagan turned on her own phone, she had contacted her parents and explained what happened but they were all the way in Careton so they weren't getting anything any time soon. Still she was dissipating end to see an empty screen. She did get a notification saying the school was closed for repairs after being attacked by arachnids.

Reagan got changed in dark jeans and a blue tank. She pulled on a leather jacket and wandered into the kitchen.

Koko was making breakfast and Garmadon was drinking a coffee in pyjamas with little volcanos on them. Reagan was suprised to see Lloyd helping as well. He nodded to Reagan, remaining civil with her but she could tell he would prefer that she wasn't in his house.

She sat, wondering if she should help as well. Lloyd slid a plate across the bar to her. On it were eggs, with their yolks gleaming like suns, and sausages perfectly cooked. Lloyd scrubbed some dishes with a towel beside his mom.

Lloyd had his signature green hoodie on, the hood was down and his green eyes were narrowed as he concentrated on his task. Reagan ate quietly and watched as he leaned close to his mom, whispering in her ear before pulling up his hood and slipping his phone in his pocket.

"Be safe." Koko told him. "Well, safe enough." She kissed him on the cheek, giving her a smile and wiped his cheek and nodded his goodbye to his father. Reagan met his eyes and he gave a slight nod to her as well. Then he left.

Reagan gave a quizzical look at Koko who gave her a smile. "I'll be off to work Garmadon." She told him. "You better get going if you want to go to that job interview."

"Right!" He hopped up and waved goodbye, then went to go get ready.

"What are you up to today?" Koko asked Reagan.

She glanced at her phone. "I'll probably go meet my friends."

"Alright." Koko said goodbye and left the room as well.

Reagan went to brush her teeth and was just putting on her shoes when Garmadon passed her.

"I don't trust you." He murmured to her. His eyes narrowed. "Lloyd hasn't brought anyone new to this house in a long time."

"I'm just here because I needed a place to say and Lloyd offered me one." Reagan retorted. "I won't claim to be close or anything. And I can't say I'm particularly fond of him, nor him fond of me but you better suck it up. I'll be gone soon enough."

He scowled and held the door for her, glaring at her as she left. Reagan shook her head. I can't tell anybody. She thought as she left the building. Not a soul.