Chapter 33 The Damn Ginger Tea

Start from the beginning

Thereafter, she stepped to the side to allow Qin Wanru to enter the room.

Qin Wanru walked up to the curtain and the maid opened the curtain for Qin Wanru to put her head in. It was then she suddenly backed out and moved to one side.

Instantly, a bowl landed on where she was peeping in and thick, hot soup splashed all over the place, as the aroma diffused in all directions.

The maid, who caught some of the boiling ginger soup leaped up and cried in horror.

The ginger soup was really boiling hot…

Looking down at the broken pieces of the smashed bowl, resentment flashed across her downcast eyes, as she realized that this bowl was meant to land on her head.

It had been a while since Qi Rongzhi came here for a change of clothing. It could be deduced that she had already drunk the ginger soup sent to her earlier. If the ginger soup she hurled at Qin Wanru was boiling hot, she must have prepared this cup of tea especially for her.

The boiling hot soup could have disfigured her face even if it did not break her head. If the soup had even dripped into her eyes, she could have lost her sight.

Qi Rongzhi was indeed a sinister and brutal person, so was the person who prepared the ginger soup and laid the trap for her to step in. Whoever it was, she obviously wanted to destroy her using Qin Rongzhi.

She stepped into the room again and set her eyes on Qi Rongzhi, who was sitting facing the door.

“You debased girl! How dare you still have the guts to come and see me, after causing me such great embarrassment!” said Qi Rongzhi when she saw Qin Wanru entered. She smashed her hand hard on the table and fixed her angry gaze on Qin Wanru. She thought Qin Wanru was rather quick to react and was able to dodge the bowl of boiling hot ginger soup.

“I don’t get what Miss Qin is trying to say. Why would I be too afraid to come to a room in my own house?” Qin Wanru raised her brows and said composedly, “Isn’t this our General’s Mansion? Did you make a mistake, Miss Qi?”

“You… how dare you speak to me in this manner!” said a flushed Qi Rongzhi, provoked by Qin Wanru’s. words.

“Why should I be afraid? Miss Qi is being unreasonable. Are you saying that my father’s status is lower than that of the magistrate? Or that Magistrate Qi had something on my father which he could use it against my father? So much so that I’m not allowed to speak my mind in front of Miss Qin?”

Qin Wanru walked into the room with her heads up, looking fearlessly at Qi Rongzhi and speaking with confidence and wit.

In the past, Qin Wanru had always been submissive to Miss Qi because she obeyed her mother’s instructions. In reality, the status of the army general was definitely higher than that of the magistrate who was only in charge of administrative matters.

“You…” Qi Rongzhi did not expect Qin Wanru to be so sharp-witted, she was at a loss of words in response.

“Miss Qi, I’m here on behalf of my grandmother to check on your condition because she is not feeling well, therefore couldn’t come. Please explain to me how you fell into the pond so we can make an account to the magistrate!” said Qin Wanru matter-of-factly, as if she was trying to finish up some necessary work. She was not bothered by Qi Rongzhi’s vicious glare at her but maintained her composure while seated facing her.

“Wasn’t you the one who intentionally lured me over there?” said Qi Rongzhi, gritting her teeth, while trying hard to hold herself back from lunging towards Qin Wanru to scratch her face.