Chapter 5

Cecilia's P.O.V

I somehow managed to ignore and acknowledge Dimitri at the same time without a problem and right now, I'm getting ready to attend a party being hosted by my father's business partner. If I were to decide, I wouldn't go to this boring party. After all, they only talk about business and money, boring right? Then again, I need to represent my father since he can't attend because he's out of the country at the moment. Well, at least this time Mary is coming with me and Elizabeth.

"Ready?" Mary ask, standing at the door.

"Yep. Let's hit this boring party." I said in a bored tone.

Tonight, Dimitri is our driver since Robert can't for some unknown circumstances. I hope everything is okay with him. We arrive at the venue half an hour later and as expected, it's full of wealthy people. Men with their smart suit and women with their heavy make up and ugly dresses, trying to show off to everyone and trying to overshadow one another. I say ugly, because neither I nor Mary design them, so it's ugly. Just kidding.

We went inside and went straight to where the food is located. I was in my fourth strawberry coated with chocolate when someone cleared their throat behind me. When I look back, I saw a very familiar guy, Jacques Vanguard.

"Good evening Miss Winters, Miss Adams" He greeted.

"Mr. Vanguard, good evening. It's nice to see you." Not. This guy has been pursuing me for quite some time now. I keep on rejecting him, but he just won't give up.

"Likewise. Would you like to dance?" He ask. I was about to say no, but Mary push me a little and I know what she meant.

Fine. "Sure, why not?" I said and let him lead me to the dance floor, the music then change to a slow one. Just great. He pulled me closer to him and hold me tightly, seriously! Is he planning on squeezing me to death?

"You became even more beautiful than the last time I saw you." Here we go.

"You and your sugar coated words. You never change." He just laugh and continue talking nonsense while we dance slowly. As soon as the song finish, I immediately excuse myself before he could ask for one more dance.

"Wait." I heard him say.

"Yes?"

"Would you, uhm, would you have dinner with me tomorrow night?"

As usual, I would have said no, but this got me thinking. Maybe this is a good opportunity to forget about Dimitri by giving this guy a chance. Who knows, I might come to actually like him when I get to know him.

"Sure. Where should we go?"

His face lit up. "To my restaurant downtown. You know where it is right?" I nodded. "Great, I'll see you there tomorrow night at say, half past eight?"

"Sounds like a plan. See you tomorrow night then." I said and went back to where Mary is.

"What a tight dance." She teases.

"I couldn't breathe! And he wouldn't let go of me either!" I complained. She just laugh. We stayed at the party until ten o'clock before we decided to leave. I bid my goodbye to the host and went our way.

Now, we're on our way to Eli's home, we're dropping her first.

"You seem to be in a bad mood, Dimitri." I heard Eli said. The three of us look at the man in question.

"I just have a slight headache, but I'm okay." He replied.

I shouldn't care, so I turn my attention back to Mary.