I CAN'T DO THIS

XAVIER'S P.O.V:-
Today is my not-so-awaited Engagement with girl of my nightmares, Rebecca and I'm very happy. I can't ask god for anything more. I'm the luckiest man alive on this wonderful planet called Earth. And lots of loving and caring people are joining me today in evening to witness my immense happiness. Note the sarcasm guys.

From last two weeks, Aliana kept on courting me. Well, it's a boy's job but in her case, I feel like I'm the tantrum king. It was hard for me to control myself from hugging her close to my heart, where she belongs. She made everything difficult for me and my dad helped me alot in this situation.

When I saw her in cafe a week before, she was looking as beautiful and stunning as always. Her eyes were shining with mischief and it didn't take me a lot to figure out, it was her plan of calling me and there are many more plans yet to come. She kept looking me continuously. She was not much in PDA. But in last two weeks, she doesn't left any stones turned upside down. She did everything to explain me her innocence. Well, not everything. She could have used her legal powers to stay in my company as P.A but she left without a word because she can't harm me and I used her weakness against her. She even stopped coming to my mansion so that Angel and I can mingle well. Her love is selfless. She is pure and innocent. But I broke her.

You know there are type of people in this world. Her type was, 'I'M POWERFUL. NO ONE CAN BREAK ME. I NEVER LOSE. BUT EVERYTHING HAS AN EXCEPTION AND MY EXCEPTION IS MY LOVE. WHO CAN BREAK ME INTO UNCOUNTABLE PIECES.' and that's what I did.

When I announced my engagement with Rebecca, I knew I hit the last pillar of her hope. She kept on courting me with confidence that one day she'll make me understand but that day in cafe, she looked hopeless. It was like her all hope died. Her eyes changed in red color.

And when she came to my mansion, her eyes were still red. That was a shock for me because, it was very long span of time and her eyes were still red.

The gifts she gave to Angel was like a goodbye gift. I kept giving her gifts and other things but when I saw what she gave to Angel, I realised she can put world in her feet to see her happy.

That's what she does for me. She kept her heart on my feet, knowing well that I'm going to crush that.

I still remember my piercing words on the day after she came to my office.
'you are selfish Katherine Knight. You even cheated and lied in your profession so that you can win. You are void of any emotions. Your siblings crave for your attention and being the sadist you are, you deprived me from my sister's love'

She just smiled. For two weeks, she kept smiling and not a single tear was seen but seeing Rebecca and me together, her whole demeanor changed. She cried. That day she cried in her hopelessness.

"Xav, dad is calling you down" Stacy broked chain of my thoughts.

Even Stacy is not happy with my decision, neither mom nor Angel.

"You're crying" she said in low voice and my hands made its way to my eyes to check even before I can realise what I'm doing. And she is right, I was crying.

"I'm just so happy" I replied with a forced smile which she doesn't bought.

" Yeah, sure you are" she said sarcastically and left dissapointed.

I went down to meet dad. He is busy on call. Seeing me he gave me a weak smile and disconnected the call.

"How are you?" like seriously? We live in same house and he has to ask how I'm? Ridiculous.

"Cut the crap and come to the point" I said coldly because he deserve my hatred.

"I know you are not happy-" I interrupted him in middle of his sentence.