Chapter 22

*Y/n's side of the story*

Y/n's p.o.v.

12.03.2006. Lisa's house, 14:08 p.m.

There is he.
A man I hoped i would never have to see again.
Man who doesn't deserve to be called a father and husband.
The one who was hurting his own wife, and frightned his own kids.
Looking at him again, my legs started shaking. I can't move. I just stand there and stare at him. Somehow i hope that he will not notice me.
Lisa:"What are you doing here?"
His eyes move from Aunt Lisa's face down to her body, and he licks his lips. Old pervert, that Is what he always been, and I see he haven't changed.
He:"I believe you have something that belongs to me."
His voice sounds deeper than I remember. I think smoking has something to do with it.
Lisa:"Nothing here belongs to you. So just go away."
She tried to sound fearless, but i noticed her legs were slightly shaking. I'm not the only one who's brain is filled with bad memories right now.
His face suddenly darkened. It became more serious than it was seconds ago, if something like that Is even possible.
He:"I know that little brat is here. Since her precious mother Is no longer with her, i assume you are taking care of her now."
Lisa gulped. What is she supposed to say to him? If she says that i am here with her, what will he do?
Will he take me away?
No... I don't want to live with that monster...
Out of nowhere, his hand made contact with her face and she fell to the ground. The sound of slapping echoed in my ears. I haven't heard it for a long time now. It Is still so scary. It's the sound that i was hearing every evening. As it continues to fill my head over and over, i cover my ears hoping it would stop. I used to do that every time that sound appeared.
My breathing gets havier.

In that moment, he looked at me.
I feel like everything around me stopps. There is no turning back now. He noticed me. He knows I'm here. There's no point in running away, he Is faster than me.
His legs starts making their steps towards me. They are slow. It like an animal who is hunting their pray. Carefull.
I stand there, not knowing what to do.
Maybe i already gave up. I can't win against him. He will take me with him.
My thoughts are interrupted by my Aunt. She took his leg, stopping him from going any further. In that split second, she yells at me.
Lisa:"Run y/n! Run away!"
Part of me don't want to leave her alone with him. But other part tells me to go. To run. Maybe I can find help and then return here. So without thinking further, i run upstairs.
That way Is the only one possible, since he Is standing by the door, so i can't pass him there.
I glance at Lisa and see how he hits her with his foot in stomach, causing her to spit blood from her mouth.

'I'm sorry...'

I get inside my room and immidiatelly lock the door. I then sit at the corner of the room, and hug my knees. I know that this is the end. Lock on the door won't stop him. But, deep inside, i still hope for a miracle to happen.
That thought of mine fades away and fear fills my body as i hear two big bangs on the door. On the third one, door opens revealing the scariest man alive. He Is now walking towards me, this time with fast steps. It doesn't take long for him to get to me and pick me up over his shoulder.
I start hitting him in the back and screaming to let me go.
But he doesn't listen.

I flash a look at Aunt Lisa before we exit the house. She Is lying there, still consious but not moving. A single tear fells from her eye and she mouths something to me so he would be able to hear.
'Don't worry, I will get you out of there.'

I don't want to leave her. But i don't have a choice.
He puts me in car, on a back seat and starts driving.
I'm looking through window for the whole ride. It's quiet. No one Is speaking.
I see many kids playing on the playground with their parents. Living type of life i never lived. I'm happy for them. They can smile. They are free to do whatever they want. And me...? Who knows what will happen to me once we arrive.
Maybe he will kill me. But I'm not afraid of dying. I will meet mom in heaven if he kills me.