02 | Not so lucky

Começar do início

Chris moved closer to me and took me in his arms. "I didn't mean to act that way." He told me truthfully. "But I just want you safe. I have failed once and I don't want to fail again." His words opened a wound that was supposed to be healing.

"I'm okay Chris, it isn't your responsibility to keep me safe. So don't worry too much about me." I smiled at him and tried to make him understand.

Brian stormed in and put his jacket on. "Guys, we need to find breakfast somewhere else." He told us quite annoyed.

"Why?" Chris took his coat and looked at Andrea.

"Princess almost burned the house down." Brian turned to look at Andrea. "You should have left the cooking to me." He told her as he put his shoes on.

Andrea rolled her eyes and looked for a jacket to wear. Her eyes briefly linger on Chris and me. A wide smile made its way on her face. "Why are you smiling like that?" Chris asked her and she shook her head. "I was just thinking about how cute you both looked together." She told us, causing me to roll my eyes at her words. Chris just chuckled and grabbed his keys.

Brian snatched everyone's menu out of their hands and Andrea sent a glare his way. He rolled his eyes and waited for the waitress to show herself. "Good morning, have you already made a decision?" She asked us. Putting her attention more on the guys at the table.

Andrea noticed too and she rolled her eyes. Chris had light brown hair and beautiful gray eyes that could make you fall head over heels for him. Brian on the other hand had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His charms always worked on anyone. He smiled at the waitress and she blushed. "I would want some glazed donuts." He told her and offered her a lopsided smile. "For me, just a muffin." Chris told her without looking her way. Brian finally realized that we were here too. "What do you want?" He asked Andrea. "The same as you." She answered and I agreed with her.

As time passed by, my mind drifted back to last night. I tried to recall my memories, hoping I'll remember. For once forgetting something wasn't what I truly wanted. This was so unlike me, I don't faint that easily. I was brought back to reality when I felt Brian looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"You're going to go back home right?" He asked me carefully. His voice is soft and gentle.

"Yeah, my parents wanted me home today." I told them with a grin on my face, masking the way I truly felt.

"Well before that happens, what do you want to do?" Chris took a bite from his muffin and there were some crumbs left on his cheeks.

"Making decisions isn't really my thing, you should know that." I told him playfully as I tried to clean up the table after everyone was done with eating.

"I wanted to buy some clothes." Andrea told the group of friends.

"Why? You have enough clothes." Brian complained and we all stood up ready to head out after paying.

"It's going to be quick, I promise." She told us and we got inside of the car driving away.

The hours passed by with ease and the boys got annoyed at the fact that they were still there. I found myself smiling at the way the boys followed Andrea behind like lost puppies. Handing them clothes she didn't want anymore after looking at it for too long. Andrea was convinced that eyes can play tricks on you. She went in and out of the changing room. Brian sat down next to me and sighed.

The green leaves that are now turning orange were dancing in circles. It was already autumn which means it gets darker outside earlier. Trees were dancing left and right and small branches were flying away.

I spotted my friend finally paying for her clothes. Chris grabbed her arm and dragged her out of there. Laughter filled in the car and we sang along to songs. The corners of my mouth curved upwards as I glanced over at my friends.They seemed so care free.

The car slowed down, parked at the side of the road to drop me off. My friends insisted on dropping me off in front of my house but I refused. Instead I got out of the car, it was a five minute walk. I should be able to make it home safe. For one last time I turned around to wave my friends goodbye. I watched how they turned the car around and drove away.

I noticed someone from a distance watching me but decided to ignore it. Instead I took quick strides towards my house. The man behind me quickened his pace as I started to run. Panicked, I looked around not wanting a stranger to know where I live. The stranger reached out to me but I managed to dodge him. With shaking legs and trembling hands I ran. Not thinking about where I'm going. The tears kept falling down like waterfalls as I made the wrong turn. I ran into the forest with tears in my eyes and the demons I was supposed to leave at home. 

A/N 

Hi my lovely readers, 

I'm currently busy writing 'Contagious lies' and Uni is stressing me out, so I fear I won't be able to be as consistent with updating this book as I would like. 

Either way, I want to thank everyone for being so patient. 

Have a good day and stay healthy, 

Heaven