00|Prologue

Guys I will try and update but fUCKING SCHOOL STARTED. LUCKILY THE WEEKEND IS SOON SO I'LL TRY TO EDIT THESE CHAPTERS SO IT MATCHES

There is one name that everyone knows in Stanford, that name is Gabriel Novak, otherwise known as the Trickster. Just because everyone knows the name, doesn't mean that everyone knows him. He pulls pranks on people for a reason. To get noticed. That's all the golden haired Novak wants. No one ever paid attention to him except for only a few people, his friends. Cuts, burns and other things littered the golden haired boys body. Of course he wasn't stupid. Got mostly straight A's in all his classes. Since he didn't want people to see the hideous scars he covers them up. Not with makeup, but with tattoos, since they're permanent. Tattoos last forever. To the golden haired boy that was reassuring. He didn't want anyone to see, and he didn't tell everyone. He told about them to certain people, people he knew he could trust, people he could count on to have his back.

It all started years ago when he was still in middle school. He hated middle school. Gabriel had a few issues then. He was seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist for his current problems back then. You see when he was even younger he witnessed his parents get brutally murdered. He bounced from foster home to foster home. Eventually the Novaks adopted him, but only on a trial basis. Poor little Gabriel was scared. He didn't touch anything, spoke only when spoken to, he was scared to fall asleep the first night but the youngest Novak, Castiel, wanted to change that. He helped Gabriel change into a pair of spare pajamas and when little Gabriel laid down in the bed Castiel shimmied under the covers next to him. The youngest boy told the scared older boy bedtime stories. Eventually they both fell asleep that night, holding hands and having beautiful dreams. For the first time in months, Gabriel got a good nights sleep. At some point Gabriel warmed up to all the Novaks. Then they extended the adoption, til forever as Mr. and Mrs. Novak put it. Everyone was extremely happy.

Then middle and high school came up. He was bullied for whatever reason, he doesn't remember. The things that people said. They said them constantly. At some point something in Gabriel snapped. He figured that his meaningful life is disgusting and not worth it anymore. He started harming himself in every way he knew how. Cutting. Burning. Anything. In his senior year of high school, Gabriel met a red-haired hyper girl that goes by Charlotte 'Charlie' Bradbury. The instantly became the best of friends. She even followed him to college, not that he minded.

Then in his second year of college he had a small encounter. One he was happy with. He was walking in the hallway with Charlie when he bumped shoulders with someone. A rather tall and broad someone. Of course they someone had a girl with him, a beautiful girl as Charlie were to say. Not Gabriel's type. He watched as the tall man walked away with the blonde girl, presumably his girlfriend. Of course Gabriel didn't think he would meet this mysterious person again.

Boy was he wrong...