Chapter Eight

Laughter filled the hallway as Amber and Xander kicked a piece of scrap metal back and forth between each other.

Only two days had passed, and the First Order had yet to show up, but Xander didn't seem to mind in the least bit. He enjoyed having a friend to play with, and even wake up to seeing.

The two had been sleeping in the same room, separate beds of course, but they were both happy to have someone to talk to while trying to fall asleep. They kept each other up into the late hours of the night, telling jokes and giggling until someone had to tell them to go to bed.

Xander had also been getting along with Rey, surprisingly. The Jedi and mini Sith shared their mixed feelings about the light and dark side, confiding in each other about their confusion on what side they truly felt they should be on.

Poe, on the other hand, was still angry with Xander. After he had fully healed, he either glared at the boy whenever he saw him, or ran in the other direction, depending on if he felt like possibly fighting him that day.

"He's literally thirteen years old, you're an adult. Calm down," is what Rey would tell him whenever she catches him glaring.

Poe would only groan in frustration, grumbling something about his previously broken ribs.

As of this moment in time, while Xander and Amber kicked the scrap piece of metal about, (which they named Scrappy) Poe was walking in their direction, mumbling angrily to himself after yet another scolding from Rey.

Right as he turned the corner, Amber kicked the metal with enough momentum to fly past Xander, directly into Poe's forehead.

"Shit," Amber mumbled. Xander burst out laughing while Poe rubbed the spot on his head where the metal hit.

"Shut the hell up, you have no right to laugh!" Poe pointed accusingly at Xander.

"You're the one that got in the way of Scrappy, you deserve this!" Xander giggled, walking over to Poe to pick up Scrappy.

"Stay back, you heathen!" Poe stepped back, putting a hand on his blaster.

Xander chuckled, using the force to levitate Scrappy back to him. "Heathen? Haven't heard that one yet. I usually get 'monster' or 'son of a killer', but I like new nicknames,"

"I can give you a nickname if you want me to," Amber smiled, putting her hands on her hips.

"Sure, just nothing along the lines of 'crazy son of the galaxy's most evil dude' or anything like that," Xander tossed Scrappy over his shoulder to Amber, who caught it with the side of her foot. She kicked it around for a few seconds on her shoes before kicking it up into her hands.

"How about 'adorable son of the galaxy's most evil dude'?" Amber floated the metal around her hands, making it fly in circles.

"What the hell?! Amber, you're force sensitive too?!" Poe threw his arms up in defeat, groaning in frustration. "Next thing you know, Finn is gonna be force sensitive!"

Finn stepped around the corner, walking up behind Poe. "I'm what now?"

Poe pointed angrily at Amber, who was still levitating the metal. "Did you know about this?!"

"Well yeah, Rey told me a few days ago,"

"Why does everybody know everything before me?!"

Rey stepped out from the other end of the hall, behind Amber.

"Because you don't need to be the first person to know everything," Rey held her hand out and Amber tossed the metal into her palm.

Poe groaned loudly. "I'm not saying that! I mean that I prefer to know things that happen a decent time after they happen!"