Time For An Intervention

Start from the beginning

Milo's eyes were the size of Mars by the time Lee finished. Lee straightened his sweatshirt with a furious huff before putting his hands back on the edge of the countertop. Lee stared Milo down, the alcohol in his system making him feel precisely like his power complex had amplified into a full-blown dominatrix. Honestly, he was getting a little hot thinking about Milo on his hands and knees begging for forgiveness. All he needed were a pair of stiletto heels to finish his own look.

Milo took a step towards him, a hand out to reach for him.

Lee put a hand out to stop him. "No. I'm not touching you until you message all of them. You're leading them on, they deserve to know."

Milo curled his hand into a fist. He dropped his hands to his sides. His expression twisted to borderline anguish before he smothered it with a sneer. He pegged Lee with middle finger and hissed, "Fuck you."

He turned around and flung the sliding door open. It bounced off of the frame as Milo stormed around the corner and out of view. Lee stared at the spot where he disappeared, mouth slightly ajar.

Well, I guess I wasn't expecting a tantrum, he thought, heart hammering in his chest.

Lee was effectively frozen in the kitchen until he was interrupted by some party goers stumbling in giggling and drunk. Lee blinked and resumed motion. When he left the kitchen, he looked curiously in the direction Milo escaped to. Willing himself not to follow, he returned to the dance floor, however, less inclined to party than before.

His heart fluttered in his chest when his eyes honed in on the image of Park in the mosh pit. He would have kept staring at Park and sorority girl had he not felt a tap on his shoulder and Roland's voice in his ear saying, "How'd it go?"

Lee cleared his throat and said, "He won't delete the app. So I'm not talking to him until he does."

"Well then," Roland sighed, hands on his hips. Lee eyed him up and down before a slow grin came to his lips. Roland leant towards him and said with a wicked smile. "Make him want to talk to you."

Lee laughed and accepted the hand Roland lent him. "Finally, a man who speaks my language," Lee teased as he followed Roland to the front of the crowd.

Since the room was a living room at some point, some furniture was left behind and pushed to the outskirts. The coffee table was no exception, and on it strewn dozens of empty cups and cans that Roland kicked aside as he jumped onto the table. They were on the fringes of the party where the speakers deafened everything and numbed Lee's insides with their steady, rhythmic pulses.

They were right next to the DJ stand where Roland leant over to get the DJ's attention. Lee looked out at the crowd until his eyes settled on Park staring in his direction with a look that said, "Don't you fucking dare."

A hand tapped his leg.

He looked down and grinned at the sight of a familiar red-headed girl raising her eyebrows at him. Lee held a hand out to her and helped her onto the table. She leant into him, her short, ginger curls pouncing as she shouted over the music, "First the running back and now the quarterback?!"

Lee felt Roland push up against his back, saying, "Entertainment for the night!"

An amused grin spread over Olivia's face as the DJ cut the current song short. Annoyed boos sounded across the crowd until a familiar, jazzy saxophone played through the speakers. Thrilled screams spread, and Lee watched as people hyped themselves up for the bass and then, Fifth Harmony blasting on the speakers.

Olivia tossed her hair to the side and it fell over her shoulder as she swayed in front of Lee. Lee licked his lip as she hooked her wrists over his shoulders and he felt Roland's hands on his hips, his fingers grazing the V of his hipbone. He shivered at the sensation of Roland's thumb hooking on the waistband of his pants as they dropped to the beat and the three of them rocked the coffee table.