six

Notes: I have three songs mentioned in here- Creep by Radiohead, I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles, and Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.
Plus, I have an excerpt from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. :)

Eddie woke up with sore muscles, groaning at the too-bright light streaming in through the window, throwing his arm over his face to shield his eyes. He felt a brief moment of panic, realizing his alarm hadn't gone off, and then he remembered two things- he had a clear schedule for today, and he was in Richie's hotel bed after having had sex with him the night before. Fuck.

Richie wasn't in the bed with him, though, and Eddie opened his eyes to see where he'd gone. Richie wasn't in the room, but there was a note on the nightstand. Eddie sat up, wincing at the ache it caused, and grabbed the paper.

Eds-
I went down for some breakfast, in case you wake up before I'm back. I'd make you some, but, you know, it's a hotel. So stay in the room and try not to miss me too much.
xoxo, Trashmouth
PS- You're fucking adorable when you're sleeping.

Eddie smiled at the words, warmth sparking in his chest. He took a quick trip to the bathroom, not bothering to glance at the mirror, before returning to the main room, stretching. He became aware of his nakedness, and he looked down at the floor to see that the clothes from the night before were still there. He kind of didn't want to put them on again, and he cursed himself for not bringing an extra set. Oh, well; surely Richie wouldn't mind if Eddie snatched a pair of briefs.

Eddie's eye caught on a suitcase that was lying open on the floor. It was mostly full of clothes, but also a couple of books, which surprised Eddie a little bit. There was a journal there, as well, along with some other miscellaneous objects, and Eddie had to shut off his helicopter-friend instincts that had been gifted to him by his mother, refusing to let himself open Richie's journal (though he was painfully tempted to see what the hell went through that man's head).

Eddie stood up and walked over to the suitcase, grabbing a pair of underwear and pulling them on. They were a tiny bit big on him, but he didn't mind as long as he was covered. Eddie also pulled out one of Richie's shirts, though that was less about covering himself and more about wearing Richie's clothes. The shirt was very big on him, and he loved it. Eddie had always had a thing for being and feeling small. Not all the time, of course; he hated it when people called him small. But wearing Richie's clothes made him feel tiny in a good way.

Eddie picked up one of the books from Richie's suitcase, glancing at the cover before flipping it open and sitting down criss-cross on the bed, beginning to read it.

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded
yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches."

Eddie smiled to himself. It was odd to read a book that Richie had read, or had been reading; it was like Eddie was getting a little glimpse into his everyday life. Eddie wasn't surprised that Richie had been reading this book; it seemed cynical and interesting enough for his taste. Though, Eddie wasn't sure of what Richie's taste was; it may have changed.