☆ Cheater!Husband!Leif X Reader ~ Second Chance ☆

Note: Like over at least 80% of this and the next one-shot were finished quite some time ago while the plots themselves were thought of months ago, but I didn't really touch any of them in a while so now I wanted finish both first... this one with a lil' bit of canon forgetful Leif trait sprinkled into it.

Also, Mama Striker loves herself some angst... o3o

I'm bad at writing angst, or at least I don't really feel this pang when I'm re-reading my own story. So I hope it triggers at least someone's tears or hits their heart. -w-

(R/N) = 'Reborn' Name

(F/A) = Favorite Animal

- Requested by none -

Warning: Mentions of slight gore & death up ahead.

"Hey, Leif! Could you please pick me up from the park? Like, literally... I kind of miss being carried by you. But maybe without any high jumps, just-"

"Sorry (Y/N). I can't... I'm hanging out with Ava and Asch, and I'm sort of... in the middle of something."

You swore, you heard him grunt and having somewhat of a hard time talking, as if he was out of breath. You also heard some other similar noises in the background, both from another male and another female. They sounded a lot like Asch and Ava.

"Oh... O-Okay.... Have fun with... w-whatever you guys are doing... Heh..."

You knew it. You had some assumptions about it in your mind, but you didn't want to believe it. However, their noises confirmed it all.

Sniffing a little, you packed your things.

'Was I not good enough?' You asked yourself over and over after you had left. 'Of course not. I'm never good enough...' You then left your wedding ring on your now flattened bedside. Despite your sadness and disappointment in both Leif and yourself, you still wanted to make things look neat, as if you were never here. Maybe Leif already forgot about you when he came back? You gripped the necklace around your neck, a reminder of your love life with him... You felt like keeping it instead of throwing it away, so you wore it. Maybe you could give it to someone else?

With a last note hidden in the back of the freezer, you made your way out the door, locked it, hid the key under the doormat and walked into the elevator. And so, you thought about your life choices while the elevator traveled to the ground floor. What if you had never met Leif? He probably would've been off better without you anyway. He had a stunningly good-looking 'secret' girlfriend and you were just... you. A human who couldn't even stand up for herself or could be mad enough at Leif to actually confront him about this. You always needed a knight in shining armor to defend you. Or in this case, a knight who is a former assassin in green and black armor.