Look, you just don't get it, I can't.

Começar do início

I threw my fist into the punching bag, only to have it not move a millimetre. Damn. I tried again before an annoyingly familiar voice cut it.

"You're doing it wrong." Sebastian was definitely not in a teasing mood today. I ignored him, still highly pissed off at how he'd been yesterday. "Here," His voice seemed to soften the slightest amount and he picked up my left wrist and turned it to the correct angle.

"What are you doing?" I asked bluntly. The difference in the touch of my wrist today and the severity of yesterday's was odd.

"Helping you box. Your teacher is clearly shit," Sebastian smirked, knowing that the only one who would've taught me is Brandon.

"Okay, I don't know what your deal is with Brandon but please leave me out of it." I finally turned to face him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Sorry, just trying to help you, that's all." He raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"Well, I don't need your help so you can go now." I snorted and faced the punching bag again.

"Punch the bag then, properly." Sebastian shrugged and leant against the wall, watching me.

"I will once you leave."

"No can do, sorry. Someone's got to teach you correctly," He replied, waiting.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!" I growled and punched, knowing I had done a terrible job.

"That was the worst punch I've ever witnessed. And I've seen a lot." Sebastian chuckled and got up from the wall, walking over. "This is how you do it,"

Within milliseconds, Sebastian's fist had launched out towards the punching bag, his bare knuckles hitting it with such force that the bag swung back wildly. He let his hand drop and looked at me, a smug smirk on his face.

"Speechless, huh? Is that at my punch or at me in general?"

"God, pull your head out of your arse please." I rolled my eyes and bit my lip. "Didn't that hurt? With no gloves, I mean,"

"Trust me, a punching bag is nothing compared to someone's jaw." Sebastian laughed humourlessly.

"Ah, yes of course, you're quite well known down in Westfield, aren't you?" I replied sarcastically, punching the bag again, this time trying to follow Sebastian's technique.

"Have you been stalking me?" He grinned and helped me position my fist correctly.

"You wish. Everyone knows about those." Let's just ignore the fact that I totally didn't.

"I'm guessing you've never been though, right? Not your scene," Sebastian smirked and for some reason, I wanted to prove him wrong.

"Never could be bothered." I shrugged casually.

"Sure," He laughed easily as I took another punch.

"Who knows, maybe I'll show up one time." I blinked at him, completely unamused at his teasing of me.

"Doubt it. Now, keep boxing."

I hated the way he seemed to think that I was some kind of doll, too fragile to go to places like Westfield. I slammed my fist into the punching bag and, without even thinking about it, lifting up my right arm and punched. And then practically screamed in agony. 0/10 would recommend.

"Holy shit, are you okay?!" Sebastian grabbed my wrist and pulled off the glove quickly, unlike Brandon.

"No thanks to you," I ground my teeth to try and distract from the pain.

"What?"

"You nearly twisted my wrist off yesterday!" I was this close to yelling at him now. But for some reason, Sebastian didn't reply. Instead, his look grew cold and he backed away, dropping my wrist. "And you gave me this fucking huge bruise, thanks very much." My voice dripped bitterness as I turned around to show Sebastian the large purple bruise that made its way down my spine.

"I..." He was staring into thin air when I turned back around.

"You what? Want to apologise, huh? Maybe you should have thought about that when you nearly beat some poor kid half to death." I narrowed my eyes, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible now.

"Well then he really shouldn't have pissed me off." Sebastian finally spoke, rage clearly beginning to cloud him.

"Well you could have acted a little differently." I mocked his words.

"Jesus Alexa, just stay out of my business, okay? You don't know why I do what I do and you never will. So just leave it." The anger in his voice was evident and fear began to creep into me.

"I didn't ask you to tell me why, Sebastian, all I asked was you think about what you're doing before you do it. You might be surprised with yourself." I softened my tone, hoping Sebastian would too.

"Look, you just don't get it, I can't." He stressed the word 'can't', running his hands through his hair.

"Someone's always willing to help you so you can," I pointed out. "You just have to let them."

"Trust me, there isn't anyone-" Sebastian was about to continue but my brother walked up to us with a frown on his face.

"What do you want?" Sebastian snapped at Thomas before realising his earphones were still in.

"He's my brother." I shot Sebastian a glare and tugged out Tom's earphones.

"Remember what I said, lay a finger on her and you're dead, okay mister?" Thomas growled at a confused Sebastian before a small grin took over his face, "Oh, and come round for dinner any night!"

Oh my god. Thomas thought Sebastian was Brandon.

"Huh?" Sebastian managed to say before I could speak.

"You know, come round for dinner. The parents would love to meet the boxer that's stealing our little Lexie from us," Thomas chuckled, nudging my side.

"Tom, this isn't Brandon." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Yeah, I'm not Brandon. Thanks for the dinner invite though, I might just take you up on that," Sebastian clarified, shooting me a cheeky grin. Clearly he was back to his normal self.

"No you will not." I glowered at him before turning to Thomas, "Are you ready to go now?"

"Yeah..." He looked back at Sebastian, "Are you sure you aren't Brandon? I swear you are,"

"Nope, definitely isn't!" I answered for him and started to push Thomas towards the exit.

"So who's that guy?" Tom asked as we drove home.

"Oh, just someone who's, uh, teaching me how to box," I answered casually. I would be dead meat if him or my parents found out I was going to matches.

"Very vague, sis," Thomas looked over at me with a wink, "Are you sure he's not some secret boyfriend?"

"God no! Besides, I'm dating Brandon," I pointed out.

"Haven't seen Brandon recently though, have I?" He implied, laughing.

"Let me clarify; I like Brandon, not Sebastian."

"Sebastian, hmm? Sounds like trouble." Tom mused to himself.

"Trust me, he is."