Look, you just don't get it, I can't.

Start from the beginning

"That's clearly not true." I pointed out, gesturing to him.

"I guess. Maybe you're his miracle cure," 

*

"You wanna come to the gym with me, Thomas?" I hollered as I walked into the house, dumping my bag on the hallway floor.

"Didn't you literally just get home from school?" He replied, appearing from the kitchen with a puzzled look on his face.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes, "and now I want to go to the gym."

 "Fine. Give me a minute or two." Thomas sighed and jogged up the stairs to his room.

I slipped into some shorts and a singlet, secured my hair into a high bun and pulled on trainers. This time I was determined to actually make it to the gym. Preferably without any unexpected appearances from Sebastian.

"I take it I'm driving?" Thomas eyed my wrist with an amused look.

"Please and thank you," I replied sarcastically. Driving would be much more preferable to walking and hopefully this time I won't witness the brutal beating of someone.

We drove in silence, Thomas was clearly thinking about something.

"What is it?" I finally asked irritably.

"Huh?" He shook his head in surprise before looking over at me.

"What are you thinking about idiot," I laughed slightly at Thomas' confusion.

"I was just wondering why you wanted to come to the gym." As an afterthought, he added on, "And why you couldn't just walk?"

"Um, well, do you remember that guy that picked me up for the date?" I was already half-blushing as I talked to my brother about Brandon.

"Vaguely. I don't think I'd recognise him again but yeah I remember," Thomas frowned as he tried to remember. That boy was useless with faces.

"Anyway, he's a boxer and he kinda taught me how to box but then I got this," I held up my bandaged wrist, "and so now I'm trying to practice."

"How cute," Thomas cooed but then his face hardened, "You know I'm still going to have to kill him if he lays a hand on you, right?"

"Guess I won't be inviting him round for dinner anytime soon then." I rolled my eyes but I was glad to have skipped the whole 'why couldn't you walk' thing.

"Oh I am definitely doing that! Seeing mum and dad interrogate him would be priceless!" He laughed loudly and then proceeded to tease me the entire way to the gym.

"Okay, I'm going to warm up on the treadmill." I practically sprinted away from Thomas' taunting and dropped my stuff onto the floor next to the treadmill. Stupidly, I had forgotten to bring my headphones so the gym's own music would have to do. Absentmindedly, my feet began to get into the rhythm of the machine and soon I was out of breath as I kept running faster and faster. Eventually I stopped and got off, hands on my knees, panting.  

Now, time for boxing.

I grabbed my things and headed over to one of the punching bags, placing them onto the nearby shelf. Fishing through my gym bag, I pulled out the boxing gloves Brandon had loaned me and slipped them on, making sure to be careful with my sore wrist. I eyed up the punching bag, wondering how much more difficult it would be to box with my left hand only. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Fighter BoyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara