You get a second chance

2010

    "Hey there's my favorite padawan," Leia slid into her dad's car. She rolled her eyes and pulled her head phones out.

    "Dad could you be any louder?" she grumbled shutting the door. He rolled down the window and smiled.

    "I definitely could be louder. Who's that tall young lad in the football jersey?" He pointed at a guy in front of a yellow bus, "I wonder, does he know that your training to be a jedi knight?"

    "Roll up the window, roll up the window." She laughed, "If you love me even just a little bit you would roll your window up." He did and gave her a big grin. Her dad and her shared a couple similarities and one of those was their smile.

    "How was school?" he asked as the drove away. She placed her feet on the dash board in front of her.

    "It wasn't the jedi temple but it'll do." she grinned, "I got an A on my chemistry test."

    "Yeah?"

    "Yeah."

    "That's awesome, Leia. You've always had a knack for science. Your mom and I don't know where you get it from."

    "Do you have to work tonight?" Leia inquired fiddling with her fingers.

    He sighed, "Yes but, it's mainly paper work tonight. We are finishing up a case and I should be home by the time you are going to school. Piece of cake."

    "Piece of cake," she sadly smiled.

    "Hey you know what this calls for?" he pressed a couple button's on the car stereo.

    "No."

    "You know what's coming," He put a CD in.

    "No." she chuckled. The song came on.

    "Our pump up song. Come on," he started to shake his shoulders, "I hear the drums echoing tonight!" He sang, "I know you know the words, you can't leave me hanging."

    "Here comes the drums," He hit his steering wheel like it was a drum. Leia's feet were tapping the dash board.

    She rolled her eyes, "It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you!" they both sang, "There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do! I bless the rains down in Africa! Gonna take some time to do the things we never had."

    "There she is!" Her dad yelled over the music. They sang and danced the whole way home.

__________

    "Leia, Leia honey wake up," Her mom rubbed Leia's shoulder's. Leia opened her eyes to see her mom's tear stained face.

    "Mom, What's wrong? What time is it?" she asked quickly her eyebrows tightly knit.

    "It's your father," her mother started to cry again, "His partner Stanley called, He's dead, Leia. He was shot." she burst into a sob.

    "What? No, no he told me he was only doing paper work tonight! He was supposed to only do paper work." Leia cried, "No he can't. He can't..."  Leia's mom wrapped her arms tightly around her daughters frame. The to women cried into the night.

_________

2013

    Leia walked into her room exhausted but was woken up by the sound of Kyle's tears. He was shaking as he looked at his ankle. Leia ran up to him to check if he was hurt but saw a tattoo. She placed her hands on his temple.