1

Sam is dead. Grian, Mumbo, and Iskall were the only ones that knew that, and Stress was the only other hermit that knew he ever lived in the first place. That was, until a few hermits began to go missing. It started with Keralis. Xisuma had asked around if anyone had seen him, but since no one had, X just shrugged his shoulders and assumed he would be back at some point and went on with his day. Next was TFC. This one was easier to dismiss since no one usually saw him anyway. Next was Cub. Same as Keralis, the hermits thought he had just left for a while or was working on a large new build. The one that got people's attention was Impulse's disappearance. Xisuma had just introduced a new invention of his, which he called the communicator. It was a small walkie talkie, only text instead of voices were received. He gave one to every hermit he could find, and the first-ever message was sent by False.

        "Guys, come to Itrade, now." The severity of the message got all of the hermits there fast. At least, all the hermits with communicators. Grian exited the portal to the shopping district and was met with a group of his fellow hermits looking expectantly at False, who stood in front of the doors of the large birch building. 

        "Ok, that's everyone with a communicator. Now, False, will you please tell us what's going on?" Iskall asked expectantly, and she slowly nodded in response. 

        "Well, I accidentally threw my pickaxe into lava yesterday, so I came to Itrade to pick up some enchantment books. But, when I got here..." She opened the door behind her, and the hermits funneled into the store. They all looked in horror at the complete disarray of turned and flipped chests and abandoned and broken books in front of them. 

        "Did one of the villagers turn into a zombie and get loose in here or something?" Doc suggested, but False shook her head slowly.

        "Well, that's what I thought at first too, but then I saw..." She looked toward the corner, and the rest of the Hermits followed her gaze to a small puddle of actively drying blood. They all crowded around it and pondered. 

        "There's no way a zombie could have done this." Scar decided, and Grian's hair stood up on the back of his neck. He shot a look over to Iskall and Mumbo, who looked back in unsure reassurance. Stress also shot a smaller, less worried look over at Grian and Mumbo, but Mumbo shook his head softly to stop all speculation of his friends, and Ren saw it all. He was confused by his friend's odd, somewhat knowing behavior, but said nothing. Talking began between the hermits, and slowly, the large group discussion became one of many different groups, all worrying about their missing friends. Naturally, Grian, Mumbo, Stress, and Iskall all huddled together. Before any of them could speak, Mumbo stated clearly,

        "It's not Sam." Grian opened his mouth to disagree, but ultimately, he couldn't. Mumbo assured them he hadn't missed the prone and held down man, and that there was no way he could have survived.  

        "Wait, hold on, what? Grian, I thought you stabbed him. And I thought you weren't going to tell anyone else, how does Iskall know about Sam?" Stress asked suddenly, and Grian sighed. 

        "You've missed quite a lot. Long story short, Sam came back, Iskall got involved, but now Sam is most definitely never coming back. We know that, so there is no need to worry." Mumbo said, and they all nodded in unsure agreement. Suddenly, someone was trying to get everyone's attention. 

        "Guys. Guys! GUYS!" Joe yelled, and everyone slowly looked over to him. "Am I the only one who's noticed a few hermits haven't been around lately? Who else is missing?" He asked, and Bdubs spoke up. 

         "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Keralis around New New Hermitville lately." He said thoughtfully.

        "And I was supposed to meet up with Cub at the country club, but he never showed up." Scar replied as well. 

        "Yeah, I tried to give TFC his communicator, but I couldn't find him anywhere in his bunker," Xisuma added, and the chatter began again. 

        "So where are they?" Python asked, and Ren looked over at Grian, whose face was filled with dread and a slight bit of fear. 

        "Grian?" He asked, and everyone looked over at him. Grian quickly recovered his facial expression to look neutral, but Ren had still seen the original look of horror on his face. 

        "What?" Grian replied swiftly.

        "Nothing. Nothing." Ren reassured, and everyone's focus went back to their own conversations and suspicions. Finally, after another couple of minutes of talking, Xisuma spoke up again. 

        "Well, there is nothing we can do all in one place. Keep an eye out, keep your communicators on, and be careful." He finished, and everyone nodded. They all began to slowly exit the small store, Iskall, Mumbo, and Grian walking together in a small huddle toward Sahara and unbeknownst to them, Ren followed curiously behind.

The first chapter is done! Kinda short, sorry, but writing all of the Hermits all together like that was kinda hard. And you can probably tell which ones I actually watch since they talked and were mentioned most. So, sorry if your fave Hermit goes missing early, but it's really hard to write for the hermits I really don't know, like Python or Zedaph or Tango. Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this mess, and I want to write a special message real quick. A couple of days before this was written, I had posted a very depressing and helpless announcement here. I was in a really low place and wrote it out here. I really wasn't expecting a reply, and yet, there were people who were there. They asked if I was ok and made me laugh at a time I didn't think I could. It was you people that helped me write this one and all of my stories. Every nice comment or vote is a reminder that, for some reason, people are actually reading my stories. And that they are enjoying it. That horrible night, I was honestly contemplating deleting all of this, very frustrated with my work and what I deemed lack of anything good. But, here I am, another chapter, and another refreshing breath of motivation for writing. So thank you, to all of you, but especially for those people who helped me get here (You know who you are). I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I hope you have a good day/night, and you are lovely.